Mid engine conversion?

89andBlue

I'd put this in the engine swapper forum but I can't post anywhere else right now.

Now I just wanted to bring up the idea because I thought it'd be really interesting to see if anyone could pull it off. I wouldn't really want to do it myself because I don't have the money nor resources to do so, that and I have no idea if it's even possible, but it sounded like a cool idea so I just wanted to share it with you guys!

Love to hear your thoughts!

Max

Edited by 89andBlue

Agreed. Maybe way later on in my life id consider it. I plan on keeping this car for the rest of my life so hopefully the time and the money for a project like that might come into light. Even if it never happens, it's still s nice fantasy. Edited by 89andBlue

I want to say though that I'd never dream of trying to shoot down you or anyone elses ideas on how they want to modify their car. I've done some rather different things to my car not because it was specifically better or because other people would think it was cool. I am driven to modify my car exactly how I want to for me and if you want to build a mid ship starion I say strive to do it. Make it your mission and get it done man!

If someone tells you that you can't do it or that it's not possible firstly they are wrong and secondly I say prove them wrong.

Edited by speedyquest

there would be room to stuff something in that area. Problem I see is suppoerting the weight of the engine and transaxle.

If these were frame cars I'd say no problem but with the unibody construction... I dunno... I guess with some time and money anything is possible.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I find this community to sometimes be way too optimistic.

Something to ask yourself when taking on a project... What is it you want and what is it worth? Many times I see people want a million, but the effort isn't with half that, and it never gets finished. If you want station vibe but mid engine, toyota mr2 and pontiac fiero did it for you.

You can grab a starion and mr2, fix both up very very nicely... And it will cost less time and money than the mid engine starion.

But if you think you can do it, get the welder out and go to town.

I totally get where your coming from Malykaii and your right in some ways. But I personally don't see anything wrong with someone thinking big and then going for that goal regardless of its outcome. I think in general we learn from mistakes more than successes so its kind of a win win in my opinion. Sure someone can dream up a midship Starion and then halfheartedly enter into the project and never finish it but that person would definitely learn something. And on the other hand if they pull it off then geezus, they've just done something nobody else has and thats awesome!

Sure there is always a logical and "smart" path to take but that doesn't mean its the "best" path.

Edited by speedyquest