Any Saab Knowledge or Love

Malykaii

Bought a fire sale 1998 Saab 900 Auto with a dead alt. Price was amazing, I bought it without even seeing it. Figured it be a cute car for the lady...

But it's got 200k miles... So now what? Google isn't proving useful. Ditch or keep?

Incredibly safe vehicles. The engine is easy to beef up if that's what you wanna do with it.

Oh hell nah. I bought it for esentially scrap price. I want to stick a u pull alt in, touch up the part that got keyed, and let my girl drive it for a few months till she gets bored of having a car.

I'm just paranoid that at 200k it might eat a turbo next month, a tranny the following month, and spin a bearing after that. I don't want my free to cost a fortune for just a few months.

Very reliable cars if they're taken care of. I had a Viggen I traded for a 2000 9-5 Aero, both pushing 200k with basically no problems. The Ignition cassette is probably the thing to look out for. saabcentral.com

Most people have a bad idea of Saab because the parts were somewhat expensive and people who buy then used and beat up can have a bad experience.

My friend owned a 9-3 turbo and it was a decent car. Quick, handled pretty good, and was not too bad to work on.

of those who gave you opinions on car ever worked on them to make a living at it or heard what some

plumer thought about them

old school Saabs cars were highway cruiser not drag machine ,most after 2000 models had little to

share with their older models