Every day, I just get more and more excited.

Aman

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr285/manlavi90/11988468_1058869947458628_8593798884389298060_n_zpsjarly3qm.jpg[/url]

Though, I don't think that 18.5CM turbine housing is going to cut it.

Edited by Aman

That is a great looking engine.

Thank you, that's good to hear for my first time!

Details man

It's nothing fancy, I'm still trying to decide if I want to go with Wiseco's or not. Right now it's just stock rods, stocks pistons, what have you. It's a 50K engine that got pulled out of a quest in 1987 and sat in the garage ever since. Ran through it and from the looks and what I hear, I should be good to just crank it and go, but I'm fully timing it and keeping the balance shafts for now unless I decide to go Wiseco, then I'm going to do a full rotating assembly balance and eliminate the shafts.

The head is a non-jet, o-ringed, stainless valves. It need new valve seals, I'm just waiting on the valve spring compressor to come in, because I have the seals. JDL equal-length divided with Tial MV-S 38mm wastegates and a non-gated HX35 8 blade. Too bad that turbine housing is too big. I think I'll just go with it and if I hate the lag too much I'll buy the 12CM housing. Maxboost MPI intake with Mopar Stage III's (680cc). I may need to go larger on the injectors. Getting a full fuel and ignition setup from Scott, with COP or CNP (looking like it's going to be CNP). Gonna have to order some ARP head studs soon.

Right now it seems like the weak points are possibly the pistons, balance shafts, turbine housing, and the injectors. Is there anything else I should do that you all can suggest? I'm coming here for everyone's opinions and help to make sure I get this done right.

I would be excited too lol

This has been my dream as long as I can remember. From back when I was as young as I can remember, the Conquest was always my favorite car. Who wouldn't want their dad to take them to school in the space ship? Now since I started driving it at 15 (five years ago), this is my new dream. To have a fun street car that puts all the other cars on the road to shame. And now I need to find a track

Please dont tell me you have the head torqued down without the timing cover? its hard to put in that way and harder to not have it leak. but looks good. the 2.6 loves an hx turbo with the correct management system.

Please dont tell me you have the head torqued down without the timing cover? its hard to put in that way and harder to not have it leak. but looks good. the 2.6 loves an hx turbo with the correct management system.

No it's not torqued, just finger tight so I could mock everything up

is the oil pump primed lol

It will be

No it's not torqued, just finger tight so I could mock everything up

It will be

noticed it before but didn't mention it,, I see the chain holding bracket is not on the block,, you won't have any

trouble now but later with engine to gather you will have a problem if you have to remove the chain gear ;)

noticed it before but didn't mention it,, I see the chain holding bracket is not on the block,, you won't have any

trouble now but later with engine to gather you will have a problem if you have to remove the chain gear ;)

Which one are you referring to? the one that sits right under the came gear?