Gastank sending unit???

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car came with a 16g turbo, another exhaust manifold and a exhaust to replace all of the Duff he wrung the bolts off on.

I have replaced all the studs and exhaust nuts and installed the 16g, the scroll and the manifold.

My question is thos... Is there and should I upgrade the cc of the injectors? I see different years and sizes on the "mini SQ" page as well as others.

You'd probably need to have either a wide band and/or some tuning done to check if the 1150 FIC secondary works with your setup. FIC primary is stock flow at 650.May depend on how much boost and other intake mods you are planning on running. I have 2 88 quests. Both like the stock ones and only one likes the Trilogy's, which are similar to the FIC's.

My plans are simple. Get the car running in stock form with exception of the 16g.

The smart thing for me to to do here is get a stock injector.

Like many others I have plans to upgrade the car, but time and money must factor in to the project as I go.

Once the car is running first extra will be a 3" exhaust and a trip to the dyno to see what is needed to get a correct tune.

I see some megasquirt threads here I have not had a chance to read. I am familiar with megasquirt a have also been skimming through the MPI threads and drooling.

Sadly these things are down the road and still have some work to do to get the car running before I can have some fun.

Thanks for the offer an injector. I may take you up on it. There is a parts car locally I need to go look at first.

Thanks for all the help.

Closer inspection of the injector that has some melting of the connector appear to very minor. A test of both injectors reveals both are spot on at 2 ohms.

All of the clipping surfaces for the connector on the melted are in good shape. Both injector connector clips look perfect no melting or signs of heating.

I will send these off to be tested and cleaned. I think they will both be fine. If not I will proceed from there.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt198/Scoobysruvenge1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150810_124423_036_zps0jdn9rm0.jpg

Funny my brother pointed out what looked like diletric grease on the connector that had the light melting damage.

His thought was someone had used something other than an approved substance on the connector at some point causing the slight melting of the plastic.

The clip connector is made of a different material and showed no signs of heat at all.

As mentioned there was very light damage to the injector and with the 2 ohm reading I shipped them to Witchhunter to be tested and cleaned Friday.