Double DIN Radio w/GPS

Malykaii

So I know there are plenty,of audio enthusiasts here. Anyone can recommend a decent head unit with quality gps and the option of backup camera add on?

All the reviews I read of any unit complain about the GPS always being out of date even with the latest updates. Is there a unit that can somehow display my google maps gps off the phone through bluetooth?

Thanks.

like you said. just get a phone mount? or deal with the maps.

you could probably make a descent ipad mount in the truck since theres alot of room in the panel. just put away the original panel and make one up. you can swing by any time to see the head units. i have the newer pioneer in my yellow car w/ apple play, and a kenwood in the 2j. let me know when you wanna swing by.

I am always keeping an eye on Android head units, i am watching for a unit with rafio/Bluetooth/gps/wifi. Can use Google maps, use wifi to update it, Bluetooth music from phone

Haven't found anything cheap yet lol

The double din unit idea is for the mustang tae. Truck is all go and no show so phone mount has sufficed. I should swing by and check out those radios of yours.

I've been flipping though some android head units... I don't mind spending a bit for something nice, but $900 is way too much for a 16yo car.

I don't think Peter could help much... This is going to be a fun conversion like in that video. Customized dash and all. Thanks though!

Android here.

So far, looks like a tablet isn't a bad idea. I loose out on a backup camera, but can add an aftermarket mirror that does that. I also loose the hands free call, but can get a standalone unit to do that.

The double din unit idea is for the mustang tae. Truck is all go and no show so phone mount has sufficed. I should swing by and check out those radios of yours.

I've been flipping though some android head units... I don't mind spending a bit for something nice, but $900 is way too much for a 16yo car.

I don't think Peter could help much... This is going to be a fun conversion like in that video. Customized dash and all. Thanks though!

Android here.

buying 3 of them?

i have been watching on ebay, average 300-350

Granted, I haven't been looking very hard as I have a lot of projects going on.

Here's what I'm finding. Conventional head units have meh gps. Android units are better in this sense, however, they have other glitches.

I've looked at the ones on ebay and most of them have consistently bad reviews on Amazon. Anything half decent, Android or not seams to start at $600.

Ya posted that almost six days ago go! For all I know ya chose a good unit and bought it.

But in all seriousness, I need to sit down and do some solid research. If you do find/buy a solid unit, I'd love to hear about it.

• 2 months later...

Update...

So I decided against an ebay unit. Some good reviews, many bad. Common complaint is typos in the interface, eh.

Android auto looks awsome, but it's pricey. Over twice what a tablet costs... So

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/malykaii/Mobile%20Uploads/0915151612_zps7ysoycws.jpg

Had to dremel half my dash to make it work, but worth it.