Dyno run

Recently had my car tuned at Kozmic Motorsports. They're great people very friendly and do awesome work. When I brought my car in the tune was rough and I was getting horrible gas. Thanks to Carlos the tuner the car made more power even though he had to lower the boost because the injectors were maxed out. Also getting better mpg was a bonus.

Mods: 18g tdo5, *DM hard pipes, full 3inch exhaust w/o cat, ported head, walbro fuel pump with 2 secondaries injectors. Running on a Haltech f10x.

247hp/256tq 18psi mustang dyno.

11666276_802364083218554_8994206345541802320_n.jpg?oh=a21e2255687d2e4094ce3d5900365a71&oe=5612BE08

Let me know what you guys think of the numbers. Also im not sure what is the percentage difference between a mustang dyno and dyno jet.

Thanks

93 oct 18 psi tuned vs base run 22 psi (1).pdf

Edited by demonquest22

cool.

now get ya some bigger injectors. 2 additional injectors on a TBI should get over 300.

Let me know what you guys think of the numbers. Also im not sure what is the percentage difference between a mustang dyno and dyno jet.

Thanks

The numbers aren't bad. A mustang dyno is a load dyno where a dynojet is an inertia dyno. A load based dyno gives more real world #s. A dynojet uses a heavy drum and gives a HP # based on how fast your car can spool that drum. Dynojets usually read high. Load dynos have several advantages for tuning. For example, they allow you to hold any RPM regardless of how much throttle you give it.

I had it dynoed a while back and it made 214hp and 280tq on the same dyno. Same cam the only differences were I changed the bov from a rfl to a synapse also the 280tq run was done on mid 70 degree day compared to a 92 degrees.

A dynojet will give you fake high #s. I wouldn't waste time with a dynojet.

What I would check is your cam timing. Did you degree the aftermarket cam? If it's timing is off that can affect HP and still run fine. Also your turbo hotside is a bit small. TD05 is great for stock but not for a higher HP setup. Install a TD06 turbine wheel and external WG and you could see better numbers from it. I don't think you were running out of injector. I think you were running out of exhaust flow potential through that turbo. I would step up to a TD06 20g and see what that motor can do.

Wow thats a good improvement for just changing cams. I honestly want something fun for the track like autocross or to take it around some nice roads.

just depends what rpm range you want the power at, if you are going to keep it above 3000 i loved my 294