So ready to put my new motor in

We bought the new motor(stock) from Harry and now i just have to wait for sean to get time off so we can go to our buddies house and swap it. This will be our last month here in lake Charles. We will be going back home to mobile, al. So, I hope we can get my car running without any issues:) hope everyone has been doing well. I know I have been absent. It's just so hard knowing that we got this car and I was never even able to drive it.

Doing this engine swap is going to be a learning experience. I'm used to Hondas lol.

this swap will be easy.

even easier with the ABS delete, AC delete,

and EGR delete and Charcoal canister delete.

i only have the minimum vac lines needed.

get some liquid wrench and start lubing all the

nuts and bolts on the exhaust side. repeat couple

times a week if you can. when it comes time to

remove it will hopefully penetrate in and make

removal easier. hit all the bolts you think might

be a problem. let them soak.

Protips:

>Pull the bumper and header panel off and you'll have more room and less to worry about when maneuvering the crane.

>Use one strap in the middle of the engine, will make it easier to tilt down with the trans on it.

>Use a marker and mark the location of the motor mounts to the cross-member before pulling the motor. Makes reinstall much easier.

>What importwarrior said: Not hooking back up the unnecessary crap in there will shave time off and simplify the engine bay.

remove the motor mounts from engine frame mounts , that way the engine can slide straight in to trans

nothing but rad needs to be removed , I'd put the head on after installing short block ,

install both manifolds on head before installing it on engine

Edited by Shelby

Yep the radiator needs to come out. Me, I'd rather put the motor together on the stand and drop it in as one piece, just easier to get at everything and easier to paint. ;) To each his own though, most people have some kind of method to it.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about swapping it in 4 hours to think you will be driving it the same day.

If you need to remove one and install another, it will take most of the day, especially if there are parts that need swapped from one motor to the other.

Take your time, do it right, etc.. You might want to have a new clutch disc at least ready too.

Transmission will be coming out. I know this is going to take a while. Trying not to rush it. If we don't get her running good then we will just trailer her back home. Not expecting this to happen over night. I have done plenty of Honda motor swaps and I know that any little thing can stall the process. It will be done right .thanks for all the tips and advice you guys. This is definitely a whole new demon for me. Excited because I get to learn more lol

you might be surprised how easy they are to pull.

on average with the pulling of the trans, it only takes like 1 1/2 hors to get that out if that. fairly easy.

make sure you have the clutch alignment tool.

there is no reason to pull the tranny , small jack placed under the frt to adjust the center line to

match the crankshaft center line , and the motor mount detached from frame will alow you to adjust the angle of both trans and engine so they match , and engine will side together in a couple sec , not

hours it takes to r/r trans , as stated a clutch alignment tool is mandatory , either way you do it

if you have trouble with the two top bolts ,remove both motor mounts and lower engine down on oil

pan , leave all motor mount bolts loose until they are all started

you do as I just told you and you will have no trouble installing the engine

Shelby is right, I've pulled my motor several times and each time the transmission stayed in the car. I had no issues getting everything back in. And just like Shelby said, using a small jack under the tranny to adjust it works well. It allows for one person to do the job.

Pulling it the first time might take half the day. The second time, it takes about 30 minutes to pull it out once the wires and hoses are disconnected, and the rad is out. It's only 8 bolts to remove that hold the motor and trans in the car.