wtb radiator ect.

drift_king

Just a little joke, no harm or ill will intended.

That CXRacing radiator is an exact duplicate of the one KayDM used to sell. I have one of the KayDM radiators, and yes the fans and sensors do bolt right up.

It does move the fans much closer to the pulleys and engine, so be warned for that. That is the cheapest NEW "bolt in" radiator option out there right now. You can find OEM style replacements, but they will not have fan mounts or temp sensor bungs in them, so you will have to have a radiator shop add those after you purchase the radiator. Others have gone with the 240sx radiator and made custom mounts and used aftermarket fan setups, but I can't see that being any more cost effective if you are just looking for stock or slightly better than stock cooling performance.

I hope that helps and if you want any pics of the radiator in question installed let me know. I should have a few.

BC_99

CXRacing is NOT an exact duplicate of that other one. The CX Racing one doesn't have to have the lower hose fitting cut off and rewelded like that other one did :)

I'm not sure what you mean by this post. These are fabricated radiators. They are completely welded together in a fixture. Maybe you have some information that you are trying to share, if so, I missed the point of it. I have had a KayDM radiator in my car for years and never had to do anthing to it but bolt it in and go. To my knowledge, these are built by the same people in the same fixtures as the ones KayDM sold years ago. Hence....exact duplicates.

BC_99

Edited by BC_99

I'm not sure what you mean by this post. These are fabricated radiators. They are completely welded together in a fixture. Maybe you have some information that you are trying to share, if so, I missed the point of it. I have had a KayDM radiator in my car for years and never had to do anthing to it but bolt it in and go. To my knowledge, these are built by the same people in the same fixtures as the ones KayDM sold years ago. Hence....exact duplicates.

BC_99

Nope, not the same fixtures. The Vernon specials had the lower hose fitting pointed in the wrong direction. In order to fit and work properly in a StarQuest the lower hose fitting had to be cut off and rewelded at a different angle. I'm very surprised you don't know this. It has been discussed to death on this forum.....

Nope, not the same fixtures. The Vernon specials had the lower hose fitting pointed in the wrong direction. In order to fit and work properly in a StarQuest the lower hose fitting had to be cut off and rewelded at a different angle. I'm very surprised you don't know this. It has been discussed to death on this forum.....

Apparently that is not the case with all of them. As, I stated before, I have had one in and out of my cars for years, and have not had a problem.

I honestly don't know why we are even discussing it. The CXRacing radiator (which is the radiator in question in this thread), fits properly and is a good price for what you get. It most closely compares to a very similar Radiator that KayDM used to sell, and although some people had issues with it, I have run one for years with great results.

BC_99

Edited by BC_99