What do YOU think

IntercooledFlatty

if your fuel is good, the turbo will explode before a 12a will pop the gasket

unless your head is warped

^^^This. That little guy has a hard time hurting anything, when it's boosting over 15-ish PSI it's almost just heating up the air after that, no longer efficient at just 325 CFM.

to get a real world answer you need to read the exh manifold back pressure , performance from even a stock 12a will be

increased by doing a heavy porting of the exh housing and waste gate hole , but realy your limited by the intake air

volume as to exactly how much the 12a can push

any boost surge from a 12a with MPI is due to the restricted waste gate housing

truth is ALL mits tubos need porting and bigger waste ports this is true of all of them 12a to 20g

ok gentlemen, we are getting away from the topic :mellow:

12a , stock with just a 2.5" exhaust , no MPI no porting no nuttin' :P

putting the LSP MBC on tonight, gonna start out at 12 psi and see/feel

... harry looking for a noo njv head :unsure:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It will be fine.

drill a hole in the firewall.

hook a pipe on the wastegate arm.

push on it real hard..... :P .....real manual boost control...works really well.

Some guys say their 12a boost's over 20 psi.....But i think they need a more reliable boost gauge.

Also if your not running the 88/89 ecu....boosting sucks over 7 or 10....I dont dare say fuel cut or this thread will be on another topic....lol

Edited by freebird

I think we all just cranked them up to 15-16 PSI and when they eventually blew an oil seal we'd go to a 14G, then rebuild to a 16G, then rebuild to an 18G, and they would all fail the same way lol.