center link - drag link restore question?

importwarrior

since our center link is NLA, what are our options to get it restored or replaced?

what do the old car restorations do for old cars like 40 - 50 - 60 years or older do?

any links to companies that restore these type of parts? or rebuild them?

if we can come up with some ideas or links to what others have done would be a start?

post up some info if you got any.

Thanks,

I'd almost say that for what I'd imagine restoration of the center link would cost, converting to a 240sx steering rack might be a better option. I know its something I plan on doing once my steering box or center link give up the ghost.

I contacted Moog suspension and asked them to consider reproducing them for us. Perhaps if they get enough of these kinds of emails......?

I'll just leave this link right here... and you guys can decide how badly you want these reproduced. After all, how much time and money does it cost to send an email?

http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/support.asp

BC_99

I contacted Moog suspension and asked them to consider reproducing them for us. Perhaps if they get enough of these kinds of emails......?

I'll just leave this link right here... and you guys can decide how badly you want these reproduced. After all, how much time and money does it cost to send an email?

http://www.moog-susp...com/support.asp

BC_99

What he said...or we make it ourselves.

I was trying to find some sources or links to websites

that might show how these get repaired or rebuilt or

info on how Not so much of where to buy them.

Or

Is it an impossible task.

Maybe the part is just a throw away type of oart?

I was trying to find some sources or links to websites

that might show how these get repaired or rebuilt or

info on how Not so much of where to buy them.

Or

Is it an impossible task.

Maybe the part is just a throw away type of oart?

I just posted a link above showing how some people rebuild the ball and socket portion of a joint. Then i guess the next thing to tackle is the holes if they are out of round. Maybe a press fit bushing?

Edited by Turbo Cary

Here in Australia, supply of these went bye byes about 15 years ago. I get them reconditioned by urethane injection ,costs about $180 for both ends and they are greasable afterwards. 2 year warranty, sold heaps of them with only one back under warranty.

Its a good project and totally doable. Start by getting to pressed in oem pieces out and then measure the units and measure the i.d. of the holes and set out to find the right part numbers. I have had thousand of those type ball joints in my hand from repairs and there has to be a close size that could be pressed in an otherwise good center link.

Here in Australia, supply of these went bye byes about 15 years ago. I get them reconditioned by urethane injection ,costs about $180 for both ends and they are greasable afterwards. 2 year warranty, sold heaps of them with only one back under warranty.

Thanks for the post.Dont know if anyone does this in the U.S.Would love to get info on company that does the repair in Australia.Thanks again.

There is a company here in Christchurch, New Zealand that reconditions them, HBI Engineerings. I've had two done by them, at around $200NZD each.

• 1 month later...