Leesfer's custom interior build

leesfer

Hey dude, it really looks like things are coming together and looking great. Out of curiousity what seats are you using?

Using Corbeau FX1 Pros, tried to find a seat that was skinny enough to squeeze in there and these fit the bill pretty well and are nicely priced

• 4 weeks later...

How hard is it to build a roll cage yourself? I have a place to get whatever quality tube I need for whatever type of racing I'd like to do. My biggest drive to build a rollcage to be honest is so that I can do door bars and then fabricate fiberglass doors for my car. I sure as hell am not driving around with fiberglass doors with no protection lol.

I'm always dreaming lol.

• 1 month later...

Those ones are for rear battery to alternator, starter, MSD, and fuel pump

They are all separate wires going to an electric cutoff switch

rear battery swaps better if you just run a heavy gauge wire to the front . then get a positve teminal post to mount on yer fender then all of your other postives mount to it

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/scooterdude92/Mobile%20Uploads/250375_809009825787779_6469084168147556221_n.jpg

thats how i did mine, imo the way you did yours is a hazard

Edited by twojayzeestarion

rear battery swaps better if you just run a heavy gauge wire to the front . then get a positve teminal post to mount on yer fender then all of your other postives mount to it

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/scooterdude92/Mobile%20Uploads/250375_809009825787779_6469084168147556221_n.jpg

thats how i did mine, imo the way you did yours is a hazard

This is what I'm doing on my '86 build...I'm actually using heavy gauge welder's wire to run the battery relocate. It's about $8 a foot, but worth it in my opinion.

That's literally what I did. I have a 2ga wire going direct from the battery, through the cutoff switch, and to a terminal on the front right fender where everything else connects.

The only reason the alternator is coming directly to the cutoff switch is because that is mandatory or else a cutoff wouldn't work, the engine would just continue running off the alternator.

The way I have it uses the least number of wires going back as possible...

how hard will it be to remove the gauges after all is completed?

just what if one failed? would it be a pain to remove the gauge?

do you have an access door?

that panel pulls off, I've taken it off and on about a million times now