New first time starion owner (V8!)

Starionslider

Hello everybody. My name is Luke and i just picked up a white 87 starion widebody car that has been set up for a SBC. After some research it appears to be the starquest member "V8Starion's" car. I will be pm'ing him to ask him a few questions if hes still around lurking the forum. I bought the car as a rolling chassis and plans to LS power it with a T56 or some other manual trans. This is strictly being built as a drift car. Nothing to crazy power wise (at the moment) but if it all works out and i enjoy it next season then it will end up turbo'd.

A little background on myself..... Im 31 always been into cars, went to a tech school and was a employed mechanic while in school and for about 6 years after. Still do it on the side for my customers but decided to make a career change for better pay and benifits. I got into the operating engineers apprenticeship program and finished 4yrs later and been in for 8yrs now. I run everything from excavators to dozers, forks, loaders, sweepers, and pretty much any hydraulically run machine you can think of.

Ive been riding motorcycles since about age 5 and have always owned at least 1 of everything, bike, quad, jetskis, sleds, fast cars haha. My previous ride was a '86 Shelby GLHS. It was car #065 out of 500 built. Im sure you guys are familiar with that car of the 80's era so i will cut to the chase. I built the entire car from start to finish minus the machine work on the bottom end. Was a 2.2/2.5 hybrid long rod engine with a 8 VALVE head, 35R, and some spray. Car made 540HP / 600Ft Lbs.TQ at the wheels. The car was all over the dodge forums and is still talked about to this day there and on youtube. I will pop some links up for it later.

I bought the starion with a bunch of spare interior and body parts which will ALL be listed for sale as soon as im allowed to do so. I will include my cell # in the listings incase anyone is worried because i am new here to the forum. Im located in CT. Thanks guys.

That's def Mike's car, removable firewall, lots of blue and mustard colored powder coat on the suspension parts?

It's setup for a SB Chevy. He is/was a master machinist and fabricator. I bought a few parts off of him years ago. Awesome guy, extremely handy and skilled.

I've got a cell number for him if you're interested, not sure if it's current. Shoot me a PM if you'd like.

Yup the guy from poughkeepsie ny who owned it was mike. I already pm'd him my cell # but i will pm you so if i dont hear from him because hes not active on here now i will get a hold of him. And yes whoever did the work on the car was very skilled. Nice cage, beautiful simple dash and nice sheet metal work all around. All the suspension parts are cad plated.

The control arms and engine cradle were zinc plated then powder coated clear. When we spoke he was saying how he loved the look of zinc and was hoping the clear powder would help the look last forever. It was unforseen that the clear would give it a weird color.

This is strictly being built as a drift car. Nothing to crazy power wise (at the moment) but if it all works out and i enjoy it next season then it will end up turbo'd.

My previous ride was a '86 Shelby GLHS. It was car #065 out of 500 built. Was a 2.2/2.5 hybrid long rod engine with a 8 VALVE head, 35R, and some spray. Car made 540HP / 600Ft Lbs.TQ at the wheels.

NICE. Welcome aboard. There are some who would frown upon making a Starion into a drift car, but I am definitely not one of them! Stock LS power will be plenty to slide around unless you're going up against Daigo Saito or something, but turbo LS power in a Starion would be epic.

That GLHS, like an Omni GLHS? I know a guy with about 5 of those in a warehouse, I could not imagine that little thing with 540HP. How did you keep it on the road with that torque steer?

Yea i already have plans to turbo it if everything goes well on it next season. Its way too cheap and easy to do.

The omni.....well yea it was a omni hahaha. It would do rolling burnouts on the highway starting at like 80 or higher. It was ALL OVER the road. Killed 24.5x8 slicks at the track. It was a fun car

• 4 weeks later...