shipping costs from over seas???

importwarrior

I have shipped different stuff. I sent a rear license plate panel recently. Here's the best trick.

They base shipping two ways. Dimensional weight and actual weight. If I were to put the panel in a box it would have been around 70 bucks to ship. If I wrapped it in a ton of bubble wrap it was 30 to ship.

I sent two quest tail lights and a o.e. radio to Australia and it was 90 bucks to ship it there. I had to put those in a box. I was trading my lights and radio for a magna plenum. It only cost the guy 20 bucks to ship the plenum to me.

Shipping to AU is RIDICULOUS..... Shipping out of AU is even MORE RIDICULOUS. Friends X wife just moved there and she had to ship stuff over. A suitcase @ ~ 50# cost her over 300 USD. Shipped to other places out of country were much much less.

There are also import / export taxes on seemingly random items. 300 + seems a bit steep but I'm not super surprised especially if it's declared as car parts.

Shipping costs from here in New Zealand, to the USA have doubled recently too. Previously a set of 83 tails was around $70NZD to ship, now its close to $150NZD. The postal service here did away with economy shipping, so 3-10 day airmail is the cheapest option now :(

Yeah while that maybe true about the 3-5 day delivery versus the first class shipping there gonna treat the first

class with a higher priority for delivery. I guess it doesn't matter if your not gonna need it in a hurry and can get

a cheaper shipping quote.