Valve cover filter

Turbospecv

hey guys need some help. I removed the black catch can connected to my intake that goes to the valve cover and to the oil pan and I put a little filter on the valve cover. ok so my question is do I cap the other holes or leave them open. last thing is after I did this my check engine light went off and it flashed 7 times which is coolant sensor now was this just coincidence or are these two connected and now just not receiving enough air.

I would just replace the stock seperator can with a cheap aftermarket one rather then running a filter and plugging things. Your engine will get totally filthy with that little filter and there's nothing pulling the gasses out of the crankcase.

Soak it with a solvent such as mineral spirits or kerosene if you are VERY careful. Shake it around once it's mostly filled up for a while. Dump it out and repeat. Once the liquid runs mostly clean you are done with that step. I used a little dawn with hot water for the final rinse. Then rinse with hot water until it runs clear.