Being homesick sucks

Technology

I bet some war vets will know this feeling. Wanting to go home so bad that you consider quitting your job or worse, you get angry easily and consider strange things, such as violence, that you would never normally feel. It's crazy and I can't wait to get back to the USA. It's seriously the best country in the world, and I wish everyone had my perspective about that. No matter what your problems are, they aren't as bad as people from other countries - especially poor or developing countries.

Everyone should really take a minute to think about this: You might feel poor, but you probably speak the local language fluently, and you have the opportunity to change your life, you probably have at least one car, and one great thing: you breathe fresh, clean air, and unless fracking has spoiled it for you, you drink clean water straight out of the faucet.

Lucky you.

Poor me. haha! I live in China now and man, it's tough to be happy here. You'd have to be really ignorant to enjoy a long life here as an American. Ain't no grass here, no houses, no quiet places, no clean streets, and poor sanitation. There are really good things, and great people, don't get me wrong, but as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz said, "there's no place like home."

It's been a year and a half this time, with one visit last Christmas. The place you're in can make all the difference, but this latest place... it's just too much. Also, my plan is to come back this fall. Having a girlfriend here doesn't make that easy though. I'm so torn. Thanks for the nice comments everyone. Edited by Technology

i havent been home to california in 6 years....3 years in greece, and now 3 currently in england....i quite like it here in england. you should come to live here.

Say what you will, but I think this is a very touching song. I sing it karaoke sometimes and think of my family across the country and families in the military, away on business, etc.

Best to ya!

Edited by mstieg