L.E.D Headlight's

Turboat

Has anyone here done the swap to them yet?

Trucklite L.E.D. specs:

Low Beam (top on) - 1.80 Amps - 1300 Lumens

High Beam (both on) - 3.60 Amps - 2600 Lumens

Current bulb - 60/55w:

Low Beam - 4.58 Amps - 910 Lumens

High Beam - 5 Amps - 1500 Lumens

http://www.truck-lite.com/wcsstore/tl/catalog/images/grap/fws/new/27450C-hr.jpg

call me a naysayer but the kits I have seen are ether really pricy or light output was total junk.

Housing and how the light is focused reflected is going to be most important with LED's The ones that put out good light also get very hot.

call me a naysayer but the kits I have seen are ether really pricy or light output was total junk.

Housing and how the light is focused reflected is going to be most important with LED's The ones that put out good light also get very hot.

Ones in the OP are 355 a pair.

Military grade, die-cast aluminum housing and non-yellowing, polycarbonate lens offer optimum protection against damage from impact, roadside debris and other hazards Electronics are sealed in epoxy to resist from damage caused by corrosion or moisture Advanced circuitry protects against voltage spikes up to 600v Drop-in replacement for #6052, 6053, H6054, and HP6054 headlamp designs.

Voltage drops rather then spikes would concern me more. All into LED's in pinball machines and see drops destry more LED's then spikes. LED's are really picky about the power they get in terms of there life.

I have also only know CREE as a type of LED not a company making LED's The housings while they sound nice, are still just reflector housings. LED's need to be focused like a lazer to really output good useable light. It's why you see all the diffrent lense types on individual LED's IE convex, concaved, flat topped, domed, domed with filter / defuser covers, ECT.

Voltage drops rather then spikes would concern me more. All into LED's in pinball machines and see drops destry more LED's then spikes. LED's are really picky about the power they get in terms of there life.

I have also only know CREE as a type of LED not a company making LED's The housings while they sound nice, are still just reflector housings. LED's need to be focused like a lazer to really output good useable light. It's why you see all the diffrent lense types on individual LED's IE convex, concaved, flat topped, domed, domed with filter / defuser covers, ECT.

You could run a battery supplied headlight harness which should be recommended on all starquests. With a harness and the car on your headlights will have a 1.8 plus voltage increase headlights will have alternator output, not reduced factory wire voltage and the harness only costs about 30 bux. One way to keep the volts up. I have already converted my exterior lights to led and dropped 22 amp draw from them. Only thing left on the exterior is fogs and headlights. Edited by Turboat

Headlight harness I have used in the past which supplies the headlights with alternator voltage, makes a difference. It plugs into one vehicle headlight plug so you can still use the factory headlight controls but draws power from the battery.

http://www.eautoworks.com/Putco-H4--9003-Heavy-Duty-Headlight-Upgrade-Wiring-Harness-PRD7540.aspx

http://www.eautoworks.com/images/products/PUT230004HW_A.jpg

These look pretty sweet, until now I only knew of the JW Speaker ones, but those are over $500 EACH. These are like $240 each... I need to check these out. People often say LED's can't output the light needed for headlights, but they are obviously not familiar with the couple dozen OEM LED headlights out on cars now. Infiniti had them on the Q45 over 10 years ago. They are used on aircraft now. There are a lot of cheap LED bulbs on eBay but with LED's you've got to pay a lot more to get the good stuff, rivaling or exceeding HID, with way less power consumption.

JW SPEAKER dual LED 7x6 headlights

Trucklite LED 7x6 headlights

Edited by Fuze

LED's you've got to pay a lot more to get the good stuff,

Truth, see my sig link

Reg bulbs

194 = 270 MA x3

1156 = 2.10 Amps x6

1157 = 2.10 Amps x6

27mm Festoon 0.100 MA x3

26.31 Total Bulb Amps

L.E.D's

194 = 160 MA x3

1156 15 SMD = 350 MA x2

1156 26 SMD = 470 MA x2

1156 3x2 = 260 MA x2

1157 26 SMD = 250 MA x6

27mm Festoon .055 MA x3

4.30 Amps

Led Price List Doesnt Show The Led Flasher and The Two Front Markers I Bought. EL12 Wont Work Correctly With Led's, Had to use another style led flasher.

906547_10152062531059909_758617453_o.jpg

Those jw speaker led lights put out 650 lumens low beam? a stock headlight puts out 800-1000.i have done some research and found that the trucklight LEDs are made by the same people that make the nighhawk by GE

Trucklite L.E.D. specs:

Low Beam (top on) - 1.80 Amps - 1300 Lumens

High Beam (both on) - 3.60 Amps - 2600 Lumens

Current bulb - 60/55w:

Low Beam - 4.58 Amps - 910 Lumens

High Beam - 5 Amps - 1500 Lumens

:)

When I was looking at the trucklight LEDs they were 249$ each...good to see they are coming down on the price. I have heard they were made for freight company trucks?

Found this after months of searching. This is the only place who doesnt sell them for 250 a piece ;)

http://www.drivetrainamerica.com/p-23625-truck-lite-27450c-pair-of-rectangular-led-5-x-7-truck-jeep-xj-yj-headlights.aspx

One downside is that if you drive alot in the snow then there is a issue with snow buildup as they dont generate heat like bulbs.

LED's that put out enough light over enough distance to work as headlights DO make allot of heat..... They are just built in a system with a heatsync away from the LED so the LED does not burn up. So they do make enough heat, it's just not in the "bulb" area like a normal light.

That being said MAX light output is always going to come from an arc based light.... IE like old theater lights or a search light. The issue is you need mega power and they make allot of heat.