Help Me Decide

rosengrant826

Well last summer I decided I was done with the starquest game, Ended up selling my car to Starquestjoe. Last few months now that funds are available I've had the itch to purchase another one and finish doing a JZ swap like I had started. Well Last night I stopped down Joes and ended up buying my car back from him :)

So, basically now Im back to needing a motor. Do I go buy the 2jz and hold off until I can find a R154 to go with it or just throw it in with the auto until I can find one. Or just go with the 1jz.

Yes, do it once and do it right. Sick of redoing stuff on my car alreayd. It sounds like funds might be a little tight so you might want to hold off till you can stack up all the parts you need in that case.

As far as the swap goes, Stock swap for Stock swap your looking at 1500-2000 cheaper for the 1j because it already comes with the proper transmission. Also, if you decide to switch later (which is something ive considered) All your mounts will work, your tranny will bolt right up, clutch flywheel and all will bolt to the 2jz..

You may have to redo intercooler piping and your down pipe but thats about it.. minus a little wiring.

It basically comes down to your budget. would you rather get a swap in and running so you can drive the car? or start on a swap, let it overwhelm you, get bored with it and sell it all off again?

Save like I am for a 1/2jz and do it right. I am starting to buy stuff and putting is aside till I am ready. It is hard though it is nice out and I want to drive it, but the motor is about ready to come out. Just I will just borrow dad Z06 ;) Edited by natedog_37
  • Like 1

^ THIS, what's wrong with an auto ? :blink: they are great for stop n go traffic and if you are boostin' you never get out once you mash the skinny pedal ;)

I have driven a few very fast auto cars and yes they are nice in stop n go. But the whole fun factor isnt there. haha

It's about time Ryan!!

My vote goes for 1J with the manual tranny. Then later on you can swap if need be.

What you don't think the 1JZ can put down enough power? Infinitely more than it has in the last few years ;)

It's about time Ryan!!

My vote goes for 1J with the manual tranny. Then later on you can swap if need be.

What you don't think the 1JZ can put down enough power? Infinitely more than it has in the last few years ;)

what he said