A little head's up

Burton

First off, Derek got here at 8:01am Central on Friday, and is 8lbs 8ozs, and 20 1/2 inches long. After my daughter, I didn't think it would be possible to have 2 healthy, beautiful, perfect babies who never fuss, but somehow it happened. He didn't cry when born, or the multitiude of times they pricked him for tests... I didn't even know what his crying sounded like until his circumcision this morning, and even then, he only cried a little bit (I would cry a lot more if I had to do that today LOL).

1957960_10201182874248868_697494264_n.jpg

Second, it really means a lot to me to see all of the love in this thread. I have truly met some special people in this community I have shared more about my life with y'all than I have even some of my own family, yet many of you I have never met in person, or even know what you look like. It's people like y'all who have kept me into these cars for better than a decade. You make some of the stressful parts easier to deal with. I will make sure Kate knows everything y'all said... I'm sure she will be touched. There are a number of people here Kate misses. Really, she liked everyone here except for a handful of people who were a part of the drama of her exit.

Sadly, that brings me to my third and final topic... Cars have always been important to me, especially SQs. They are still important to me, but other things have become more important. I need to live a life with less stress, and be able to focus happiness on the more important things in life... my kids, family, friends, and my health. The stress of being a vendor and drama from this site has just gotten to be too much. I had talked with Kate a few days back about stopping being a SQ vendor, but after Robert's post earlier, it became clear to me that I had to do more than that. A second kid means less time to devote to my business, and that means only focusing on the most profitable aspects of it, and SQ stuff ain't it. The drama gets me pissed, sad and anxious all at the same time which isn't healthy at all. At times it was mildly entertaining, but inevitably, even the entertaining stuff went too far.

Anyway, I may be back on 26liter after some time away. It's about the only site that doesn't stress me out since Cal's been gone, other than a couple Facebook pages. I'm hoping after a little break I will get back some more SQ love, and continue to enjoy my cars and time at 26liter. However, I think at a minimum I will be giving up my mod status there. I need to make SQs fun again, and I don't think I can do it here anymore. People like y'all definitely help, but I need to do more.... for my own sanity.

I guess what I'm saying, is it's not you, it's me ;)

Thank you all again for the kind words. While they make my decision that much harder (I'm getting a little teary-eyed right now), they do mean the world to me.

• Like 1

First off, Derek got here at 8:01am Central on Friday, and is 8lbs 8ozs, and 20 1/2 inches long. After my daughter, I didn't think it would be possible to have 2 healthy, beautiful, perfect babies who never fuss, but somehow it happened. He didn't cry when born, or the multitiude of times they pricked him for tests... I didn't even know what his crying sounded like until his circumcision this morning, and even then, he only cried a little bit (I would cry a lot more if I had to do that today LOL).

1957960_10201182874248868_697494264_n.jpg

Second, it really means a lot to me to see all of the love in this thread. I have truly met some special people in this community I have shared more about my life with y'all than I have even some of my own family, yet many of you I have never met in person, or even know what you look like. It's people like y'all who have kept me into these cars for better than a decade. You make some of the stressful parts easier to deal with. I will make sure Kate knows everything y'all said... I'm sure she will be touched. There are a number of people here Kate misses. Really, she liked everyone here except for a handful of people who were a part of the drama of her exit.

Sadly, that brings me to my third and final topic... Cars have always been important to me, especially SQs. They are still important to me, but other things have become more important. I need to live a life with less stress, and be able to focus happiness on the more important things in life... my kids, family, friends, and my health. The stress of being a vendor and drama from this site has just gotten to be too much. I had talked with Kate a few days back about stopping being a SQ vendor, but after Robert's post earlier, it became clear to me that I had to do more than that. A second kid means less time to devote to my business, and that means only focusing on the most profitable aspects of it, and SQ stuff ain't it. The drama gets me pissed, sad and anxious all at the same time which isn't healthy at all. At times it was mildly entertaining, but inevitably, even the entertaining stuff went too far.

Anyway, I may be back on 26liter after some time away. It's about the only site that doesn't stress me out since Cal's been gone, other than a couple Facebook pages. I'm hoping after a little break I will get back some more SQ love, and continue to enjoy my cars and time at 26liter. However, I think at a minimum I will be giving up my mod status there. I need to make SQs fun again, and I don't think I can do it here anymore. People like y'all definitely help, but I need to do more.... for my own sanity.

I guess what I'm saying, is it's not you, it's me ;)

Thank you all again for the kind words. While they make my decision that much harder (I'm getting a little teary-eyed right now), they do mean the world to me.

Your contribution to the SQ community has been immeasurable and there are more important things in life. Your family is most important and with less time why waste the time you have with something that doesn't contribute to your hapiness. Your kids grow up fast don't miss any of it.

Cute kiddo, Mark! Enjoy the years with them while ya got them. It's a trite cliche' to say the years go too fast....but they do. Mine at 14 and 11 already and my time with them is already running out and it's gone so quickly.
  • Like 1

Congratulation Mark

Just a little friendly advice stop at 2 kids

You don't want to let them out number you

Trust me

This is coming from a father of 3.

Good luck

Allen

Allen it don't really matter the wife took away all your votes and or opinions any way ;)

Congratulation Mark

Just a little friendly advice stop at 2 kids

You don't want to let them out number you

Trust me

This is coming from a father of 3.

Good luck

Allen

No no no no, you have to have at least 2.6 children. It's best to round up to three. We got lazy and only have 4, it's absolutely insane but wouldn't trade it for the world.