Early JDM tail lights, two pairs, require work.

ZacMan

I bought these, intending to refurbish them to on-sell. However, between work ramping up, and sorting out earthquake repairs to my home, I have absolutely zero time. They've been sitting on the dining room table for two months without being touched! It's time for me to cut my losses and move them on to someone that has the time to finish the job.

I got as far as splitting them apart, removing the old glue from the housings, and respraying the housings factory satin black. This will sounds very self-serving, but splitting them apart and removing the glue from the housings is by far the hardest and most time consuming part of the entire job.

Work still to be done:

Housings masked off and the insides sprayed metallic silver (don't do it with spray-chrome, it ends up looking really funny and the light form the bulbs doesn't reflect evenly)

Old glue / sealant cleaned off the lenses.

lenses polished.

reassembled with urethane adhesive/sealant.

If you check out my build thread (link in sig) I've got some more details of how I've done them in the past.

I want $300US, including shipping for both pairs (four lights total). All the bits are there, and they'd clean up very very nicely. Shipping from New Zealand to you is going to cost me at least half that, so I'm not even breaking even on what I paid for them, but it would be nice to see them get finished.

Payment is to be made via Pay-Pal, as a normal payment (not a gift) and $300 includes the pay-pal fee's too.

Let me know if you're keen!

Zac.

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx141/ProZac83/P3200028_zpsba557ef8.jpg

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx141/ProZac83/P3200029_zps3d926bd1.jpg

But if 83 taillights will be readily available new, will they still be "83 tails"? Like there'd be no allure to a Lamborghini countach if there was one parked on every corner next to a Camry or Elantra.

They won't be available new. The 83 housings are different than the rest, so they will just be like new, with repainted housings and new lenses. They will still only be as many newish sets as I can find housings.

BC_ 99

If the 83 outer lens can be made does that mean the clear outer one can be done?

Eventually. We'll see how it goes with the 83 lenses first. The material costs for making the molds and the equipment to produce them is going to be several $K so I hope to be able to accommodate several different plastic part needs of the community eventually. Tail lights, center console parts, radio bezel, ect.

BC_99