Dyno day and meet. April 26 2014

It was good to see you guys even though I didn't make it to the dyno. Next time :)

Phil I think you are on to something!

What happened was my girl was driving. Pulling into sheetz she left it in gear when she parked. Then dumped the clutch thinking it was in neutral ... oops. I didn't think much of it until we came back out to leave and it rolled over REAL slow. One revolution per key turn and that was it. Blew my main fuse due to the starter pulling so much current so I had to bypass that. For some reason after the stall my engine became very tight. Put a wrench on the crank and I couldn't budge it. I though I was SCREWED!

Then after a couple hours of me trying everything I could think of John and Nate showed up. I went to show them the issue and it rolled slow for a split second then turned over normally and fired up. Ran lean for a bit but then that cleared up and all was well.

I don't understand what happened... at all.

Really? Cmon Mike, you know exactly whats wrong with it......Every engine swapper will tell you.

About hour #3 in the parking lot I was definitely thinking if the G54 was toast I'm swapping this POS!

But all is well ... for now

Well if you arent happy with it once you stop letting women mess it up (Sure Mike....there was a woman in the car.... :rolleyes:) thats one thing, but if you swap before you work out the bugs, I will hunt you down.

MIke, i was fighting a similar issue..... i kept asking for a better start up tune... ended up being a weak sauce starter. it fires right up now. and i dont even have to try and blip the throttle anymore.

SQR was the only one to actually run on the dyno.

My starter was not the issue. Always cranks over fast and strong. Blowing the main fuse tells me it was cranking very hard. But why?? I can't say

SQR was the only one to actually run on the dyno.

My starter was not the issue. Always cranks over fast and strong. Blowing the main fuse tells me it was cranking very hard. But why?? I can't say

i have done what she did before...more than once lol

ive never had the issue you are experiencing

unless the kick back made your cam jump time, and its causing to much pressure to turn easily? but doesnt explain why it went normal later and ran fine lol

I thought about cam timing too. Initially I thought it may have sheared the cam gear pin. But like you said it shouldn't have been fine after that. I checked ignition timing when I got home and all was well. I haven't pulled the valve cover because I see no reason too.

My only other thought was that it somehow got hydro-locked from dumping fuel into the cylinders. Seems far fetched to me. I also thought that maybe the jerk caused a bearing to bind up some. No knocking so far to indicate any bearing issues.

I think I'm going to chalk this one up to the SQ gods just didn't want me to dyno that day :mad:

^^^^lol^^^^ perhaps it was an accessory starting to lock up like the alternator or water pump.........if it was im sure you will know soon. but daymn those SQ gods. hahahah