Hi, newbie from the Scotland

Flying Scotsman

This thread needs some kilt action pictures from last years "Mesquite 3" meet to welcome our new Scottish member, can anyone oblige ? 4 other Scots i know of on SQC Jimmy , i'm guessing your from the East kilbride area ?

Hi, I have been quite surprised by the amount of welcomes I have had. I thought the site would be crap to be honest, but have been proven wrong lol. It's nice to see there are decent people out there enjoying life and not letting THE MAN pull them down. Being new I don't quite know how to reply to individual threads, there are two buttons, MultiQuote and Quote next to each reply and I don't know which one you use to reply to that individual person, maybe someone can tell me.

So for now I will put out a generic message till I know what I am doing lol :blink:. Always been messing about with cars since I was 15, looking forward to getting the Starion back to her former glory, they are great cars with bags of character, unlike the jelly mould cars of today. Only thing is they are rarer than " hens teeth " making it a pain in the tail to get parts.

Anyways thanks for the welcome guys and will be popping my head in every now and again, see what kind of mischief youse are up to lol, will post some more pics of the car laters.

Will reply to all individually when I figure out how to reply to the individual threads

if you scroll all the way to the bottom there is a fast reply and bottom mright of the box says POST in white letters and Black box.

the crew here is mostly a little older then most of the other type of car forums. great place to hang out. just ask and keep it clean.

they dont hold back on bad language and other related things.

Cheers for the info mate, nice to get a heads up on how things work here. I will do my utmost to keep the dialect clean, a hard job when you have been brought up in Glasgow lol. Although I have already learned some new language, I wrote a specific word and when I saw it posted it was different . . . . .so now I know what TAIL means :D

What car do you have, a Sarion or Conquest?

Cheers for the info mate, nice to get a heads up on how things work here. I will do my utmost to keep the dialect clean, a hard job when you have been brought up in Glasgow lol. Although I have already learned some new language, I wrote a specific word and when I saw it posted it was different . . . . .so now I know what TAIL means :D

What car do you have, a Sarion or Conquest?

I will be happy to translate for you , Shawlands , Glasgow a long time ago

Hi Sotty,

Nice to hear from you, Shawlands eh, long time ago, how long? and what made you move?. Hope all is good over the pond. what car are you driving?

Going on 20 years now , born in the U.s but raised in Shawlands , Glasgow , spent 30 odd years there, got tired of the rain, rusting cars and Paki's, as for Starions , several to choose from mild to wild , my red 88 will be featured in a upcoming issue of "RETRO CARS" on your side of the pond real soon , look out for it , very few Starions left in the Uk now , i know some guy in Kilmarnock had two of them going back a year or two thou . Edited by SOTTY

Never traced it back to exactly when they crossed the pond, but my father's side of the family hails from Angus, Scotland (clan Elliot), and my mother's side is clan Moffatt, from Moffatt, Scotland. Great to have you aboard.

:) <_< :)Don't quite get the forum and how to reply to individual posts, don't think you can. I think you can only reply to the last person that messaged you. Not so good, so I will have to message as follows:

Importwarrior: Thanks for the reply's and hope to see how you get on with sorting you conquest, it looks pretty good to me.

Sotty: 30 odd yrs in Glasgow and you still have all your marbles, you have done well. I am 48 yrs, they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, that must make me some sort of a legend lol. All kidding aside I love Scotland and proud to be Scottish.

Colin: Clan Elliot & Moffat, you have true Scottish blood running through your Veins, nice to hear from you, what car do you have and what's your plans?

For everyone else that has kindly left a message and made me feel welcome, all the best to you.

:) <_< :)Colin: Clan Elliot & Moffat, you have true Scottish blood running through your Veins, nice to hear from you, what car do you have and what's your plans?

I have an 88 Starion 5spd sunroof that I bought last december i painted it over the summer and went through the whole car. I drive it every day

and I plan on installing a 16G turbo and run it at 15psi for track use and 10 psi for normal driving. You can find my build in the Restoration Center under 1988 Starion Partial Restoration. what are your plans for your car?

Had a look at your car on restoration page, done a lot of nice work and looking good. Plans for my car is to strip her down, get rid of any tin worm restore her back to factory condition. I like keeping it original, everyone to there own, there is no right or wrong, modifications / updating or original, depends which way you swing. Saying that I would like to get the power close to 200 bhp if possible lol