About To Go Postal On USPS

NikoFab

You're dealing with a government beuracracy where no one employee gives a $*#%, there are no consequences when people complain, customer service is crap to non existant and in the end they still keep their jobs. If I gave my customer crappy customer service, I would be out of business. But they are "the man" and face no such consequences, they can just keep taking our tax dollars.

Our big government in a nutshell...well said.

I hate reading this, really feel for you Nick. It super sucks because its often way easier to find a part I'm looking for over there, rather than locally!

I've used a freight forwarding company before to get heavier stuff sent over, it was far far easier and cheaper, however took a couple of months. I wonder if something similar could be done to Australia?

I've had a similar problem recently, sent some side trim pieces to a member on here via my work, as I've done heaps of times before. Measured them up, added a little to each measurement ot be sure, weighed the item, added a little to make sure... Called the freight company and booked pickup, gave them my debit card number, told them the measurements and weight... no worries right? Nope, they picked it up, then returned it TWO WEEKS later saying it couldnt be shipped. f*** that. Atleast they didnt charge me though.

ZMan...after all your incredible help on the rear hatch spoiler project, you've got nothing to worry about. You EVER need anything from me just call.

I was going to say the same thing. Getting the bureaucracy past a brainfart is one of the few things congressmen are good for. Play up the small businessman angle, they'll eat it up.

...they do tend to pay more attention to business owners. hmmmmm

I hope you get your money back in the end. I just learned something from their customer support if you pay for two day shipping that doesn't mean that it will arrive in two days and you cant get a refund. I bought one of the sets of camber plates that MK1 had for sale on ebay,was supposed to show up on the 8 or 9th. The last scan on the tracking is in Ca where it shipped from. That was SIX days ago they have no idea where it is. This is the second package to disappear under the care of the USPS. The other package was a ar15 bolt carrier. We will see what they say when they do the inquiry that I just started.

I hope you get your money back in the end. I just learned something from their customer support if you pay for two day shipping that doesn't mean that it will arrive in two days and you cant get a refund. I bought one of the sets of camber plates that MK1 had for sale on ebay,was supposed to show up on the 8 or 9th. The last scan on the tracking is in Ca where it shipped from. That was SIX days ago they have no idea where it is. This is the second package to disappear under the care of the USPS. The other package was a ar15 bolt carrier. We will see what they say when they do the inquiry that I just started.

Even with UPS or Fedex it is only the shipper who can apply for your refund if they're late. If your shipper can't be bothered or decides to keep the refund you can't win. Just saying...

If you paid for shipping with a credit card, would it be possible to dispute the charges?

From what I understand, that's next to impossible. As the USPS is one of the very few government agencies explicitly authorized by the constitution, I believe it's a hands-off situation for the CC companies.

From what I understand, that's next to impossible. As the USPS is one of the very few government agencies explicitly authorized by the constitution, I believe it's a hands-off situation for the CC companies.

damn.

i'm sorry to hear this niko.. i didn't realise it was such a big issue with the usps... i've bought stuff from new zealand which is well over that size and was fairly cheap to.. guess every country is different though.. let us know how you go mate, keep me posted.

Yeah you could easily go after them though your CC company...... espeicaly if it was a business CC While the USPS is somewhat protected the CC companys have them at there mercy due to the merchant services contracts they are held under. Esentuly if you want to accept CC (and in this day an age you pretty much have to) you have to play ball by what the CC company says in there MS contract, and the MS contract pretty much says the CC company can and will do what they want at will. I work for a bank and I say go for it..... I totally would.

So remember I never officially cancelled my order? Ha! My money is still in the system, and I came up with the best solution I could think of (below). The box at the top of the pic is original. The box at the bottom is my revised (and I must say, better) packing job...that by the way comes in under dimensional limits. Eat my shorts USPS.

http://wwww.nikofab.com/uploads/3/2/3/6/3236317/8843802_orig.jpg

lets hope that works and they are on their way over to aus!

Hey Daniel, they should go out in the next day or two. The pic above was taken after I trimmed out the box and the padded inserts...was empty and held together by just the nylon shipping bands that I put back on it. But that one is now done...packed very well and the coilovers are completely protected...only took about three hours. I'm working on the other tonight and tomorrow morning.

Edited by NikoFab