Wheels: A Very Important Question To You All

NikoFab

I have the same concern as Walker. I would love to get these in a 17x8 and 17x10. However, I need to budget the funds and I already have almost a years worth of stuff planned out already. So, it would be at least a year from now before I could do this.

Airdams are popular and required to make the car look right. Plus they are affordable. You can't equate airdam success to rim possibilities. They are still expensive rims when good looking aftermarket rims can be had for around $200 each. There's probably only a handful of people here who would go for expensive stock looking rims. I'm not trying to disuade you from trying. Just hoping you don't sink $ into this only to find 1 person wants a set and you wasted time and $.

It's deals like this that when they go south and vendors lose $ they get jaded by the SQ community and slowly fade away. I don't want to see that happen again so I'm offering some words of caution.

Is that what he's trying to prevent with this thread?

Weight weight weight. The last person could not come up with a weight, then could not get the weight under 18#'s once they had a weight of the rims. The weight of rotating mass is a critical factor, and when paying the same amount of money and can get a rim that is 10#'s lighter is a no questions choice. The no weight (then way to heavy when we had one), exposed bolts, not fully forged, and no 18's put me right out of the last run. So do get a weight figured out, as that is a critical factor in rim upgrades.

I always told everyone that the perfect size would be 17" Wheels

17x8.5 and 17x10

245/45(F) and 275/40® series tires

I would encourage you to make a few sets and go from there, i am sure they would sell.

Put one aside for me ;)

Edited by OPTIMUSPRIME

I have the same concern as Walker. I would love to get these in a 17x8 and 17x10. However, I need to budget the funds and I already have almost a years worth of stuff planned out already. So, it would be at least a year from now before I could do this.

If I go through with this, they will be available long term. However, like I posted to Craig (Walker), I cannot guarantee pricing too far out due to changes in the materials market.

Weight weight weight. The last person could not come up with a weight, then could not get the weight under 18#'s once they had a weight of the rims. The weight of rotating mass is a critical factor, and when paying the same amount of money and can get a rim that is 10#'s lighter is a no questions choice. The no weight (then way to heavy when we had one), exposed bolts, not fully forged, and no 18's put me right out of the last run. So do get a weight figured out, as that is a critical factor in rim upgrades.

Still working on all of that, but it has been a shared concern of mine as well. Of course, the larger the wheel, the more the weight. I'll be following this up with the finer points as I work them out.

I always told everyone that the perfect size would be 17" Wheels

17x8.5 and 17x10

245/45(F) and 275/40® series tires

I would encourage you to make a few sets and go from there, i am sure they would sell.

Put one aside for me ;)

17s will be available sir! Still working on the minutia of it all, but there's a very good chance I can get this done.

how can you start a thread in the BS forum and not expect questions , esp when your talking about a

$4k to $5k purchase

personally I hate the 18" low profile rim,, this past Monday I lost the 3'd of 4 18" rims when hiting a 1 inch deep wash out of pavement about a foot long , i'l never run another low profile tire on any thing

how can you start a thread in the BS forum and not expect questions , esp when your talking about a

$4k to $5k purchase

personally I hate the 18" low profile rim,, this past Monday I lost the 3'd of 4 18" rims when hiting a 1 inch deep wash out of pavement about a foot long , i'l never run another low profile tire on any thing

Shelby, c'mon man you're a mod. Please read the entire thread. How can you post in a thread that you haven't even read completely? We're not talking about $4 to $5k. Not sure what thread you're reading, but everybody here is talking about $2500

I indeed have asked for questions and comments. Just not questions and comments that don't pertain to the parameters I've listed.

Again read the thread!

It's my tail on the line here, and I need to have guidelines on something of this magnitude. If I'm the one taking the risk, then I'm going to be the one setting the guidelines. Either that or I'm just going to stop doing these projects all together.

Why does this always happen on this site? Sheesh.

Edited by NikoFab

Well crap, if these would be available long run I could maybe do it down the road. But not for a year or two. So I guess you could say I'm interested, but broke? :P

(Since it has already been opened, I would also be interested in a 12"... But again, not soon)

Well crap, if these would be available long run I could maybe do it down the road. But not for a year or two. So I guess you could say I'm interested, but broke? :P

(Since it has already been opened, I would also be interested in a 12"... But again, not soon)

We can talk 12's, just not in the price range I have mentioned.

I would think u could sell a lot of these style rims to all kinds of car guys . I've seen how in the racing our rims are sought after for there function / quality right ? I've read if u see a car in the junk yard the first thing taken is the rims .

Shelby, c'mon man you're a mod. Please read the entire thread. How can you post in a thread that you haven't even read completely? We're not talking about $4 to $5k. Not sure what thread you're reading, but everybody here is talking about $2500

I indeed have asked for questions and comments. Just not questions and comments that don't pertain to the parameters I've listed.

Again read the thread!

It's my tail on the line here, and I need to have guidelines on something of this magnitude. If I'm the one taking the risk, then I'm going to be the one setting the guidelines. Either that or I'm just going to stop doing these projects all together.

Why does this always happen on this site? Sheesh.

c/p Why does this always happen on this site? , come on man that's some thin skin your showing there

oh I have read the entire thread , and the only place I did see you giving any real price was when you were talking about two and three piece rims ,, as for the priceing for each type and style rim I have yet to see any real price line line up .

look I am not trying to rag on you I just was asking a question , with the economy the way it is I really doubt you find more then 5 or 6 guys on here that could really afford $2500 rims , I can't see a huge market for specialty rims , I hope i'm wrong

c/p Why does this always happen on this site? , come on man that's some thin skin your showing there

oh I have read the entire thread , and the only place I did see you giving any real price was when you were talking about two and three piece rims ,, as for the priceing for each type and style rim I have yet to see any real price line line up .

look I am not trying to rag on you I just was asking a question , with the economy the way it is I really doubt you find more then 5 or 6 guys on here that could really afford $2500 rims , I can't see a huge market for specialty rims , I hope i'm wrong

Get checked Shelby. No thin skin here. Just referring to something that always happens here.

And once again, you are mis-stating the facts. I asked a question about a particular price point. That's why I posted. I was very clear about this.

Did I ever say these were for sale? NO. Then why the hell would I post a price line up? Again, I asked a specific question with the desire of getting a specific, and mind you a very basic, answer. By the way, this is why I posted in the BS Section. If they were for sale I would have posted either in the Group Buy or Vendor sections...crazy I know.

The other prices that you refer to were NOT in reference to 2 and 3 piece as you say...they were in reference to 1 and 3 piece. You did just say you read the entire thread didn't you? Check it again. Another point of fact is that the prices you refer to are not real as you indicate, they were generalizations, and were in response to a question that was asked of me...by the way, a question that you previously stated that I did not expect. Wrong again.

And it seems lost on you why I posted this thread. I don't know how much clearer I could have been. I did not post asking for opinion. In fact the second sentence of the original post reads as follows: "I don't want this thread to become a rant of opinion or suggestion" but oh wait you already know that because you read the thread. My apologies.

I did not ask for you to tell me about what you think of 18" rims. I did not post asking advice. I did not post asking about you having your finger on the pulse of the economy. I did not ask how many people you think would be able to buy these. I posted asking who would buy these...and that's all.

There's a reason I posted as I did. I wanted very simple information. These gp's, and fabrication in general, require so much more research, time, effort, and work than most people realize. I may have just posted this thread yesterday, but I have been working on this for months. I have already weighed all of the items that I can. I already know what can and can't be done. None of this is lost on me. Hence, I'm not looking for opinion, I'm looking for numbers. I don't understand why this doesn't make sense.

And so what if no more than 5 or 6 can do it? What's that matter to you? Are you signing up? No, you're just offering...oh wait...what's that called...opinion.

Look, I'm not trying to bust your balls either. Please recall that I PM'd you asking your advice on a specific before I ever posted this thread. You had none to give at that time. To make it very clear here, you're entire response was "I have never looked into that , sorry." Now, when I post a thread on it asking to please stick to what I'm aiming for, you come out with opinion?

You may think I'm showing thin skin, and that's your opinion (there's that word again) to which you're entitled. But when I see a post that asks me to please stick to a specific topic or line of thinking, I try and honor what the OP asks for. I'm sure you, as a mod and as the Grand Pooba of post count, can appreciate that.

Edited by NikoFab