quest wont stay running unless I give it gas. what could be the issue?

jdmZ33

Likely the primary injector as the secondary comes in about 3000 rpm. Swap injector clips to see if that allows it to run at lower rpm. It won't run well as the secondary injector is twice as big but it should run.

lots of things,normaly a huge vacuum leak ( hose off or crack/split in air inlet boot)

oh and 3k is not idle rpm , with no pri inj at all you will not get the engine to start ,

great place to start looking is to replace inj clips and clean the inj terminals them selves

may not fix it but it sure won't hurt any thing

okay guys. I cleaned the terminals and

Likely the primary injector as the secondary comes in about 3000 rpm. Swap injector clips to see if that allows it to run at lower rpm. It won't run well as the secondary injector is twice as big but it should run.

okay guys i cleaned the injector terminals and swapped the first clip to the secondary injectory and 2nd clip to primary injector and now the car doesnt die after i start it, and it idling just fine. Does this mean I have a bad primary injector???

okay guys i cleaned the injector terminals and swapped the first clip to the secondary injectory and 2nd clip to primary injector and now the car doesnt die after i start it, and it idling just fine. Does this mean I have a bad primary injector???

yes...

that or the inj clips is not makeing a good connection ,,those inj clips only have arround a .010" of total contact area

this is why a good clean connection is a must,, even moveing a clip to one inj and another can change the area it is makeing contact at

but odds are good the pri inj has a problem but inj clips are a lot cheaper and if it fixs the problem your $$ ahead

you can check a local disel truck shop, most have means to clean injs

Thanks Shelby for the info and the rest of you guys! I went ahead and bough new injector clips because these ones look pretty crummy. Also will get a new primary injector or get current one cleaned. Thanks again everyone!

beware the Trilogy injectors, they have a much smaller spray pattern than the factory ones and will cause you issues. try and find a good factory one or have the one you have repaired. Cheers.

Not necessarily. You could have hooked them up backwards. Pull the clips off and only put the primary clip on the primary injector and see if it will start. If it doesn't fire up, put the secondary clip on the primary inj. and try it that way. It should not start with only the secondary clip hooked up. This will verify that you have the primary clip identified.

Jimmy