Happy Birthday Ain't What It Used To Be!

NikoFab

So today is yours truly's birthday...the big 42. But that's not the reason for this post. It's moreso an observation of how the world has changed so much since I was a kid.

Here's what I mean:

I have received automated happy birthday emails from:

23 car/motorcycle websites

4 places with which I have made previous purchases

2 from gearhead friends

2 philanthropic websites I have donated to

And even one from our family veterinarian

I have received happy birthday texts from:

My wife

My son

My daughter

My mom

My sister

I have received a happy birthday call from:

My wife

I have received a happy birthday card from:

My wife

My mom

It's amazing how interpersonal relationships have changed since I was a kid. (As i type this into an automotive forum lol) What about you guys? Do you see the same changes?

Edited by NikoFab

Happy Bday!!!

Here's the changes I've noticed at 40... Birthdays seem to come around much more frequently than they used to. The drive to do something special for them has gone down... no more big parties or dinners. And the big thing... Went from getting cool toys and hundreds of dollars when I was younger, to getting a few cards and phonecalls as I got older.

It's all good tho, at this age I'm starting to really not give a crap about them LOL.

There's some days I feel like an old man! God has graced me with a wonderful birthday headache today...you know one of those that sits right behind your eyes? Sucks!

If you will take a cold beer, lean back, and drink it down. That headache will go away. May require more than one application.

Jimmy

• Like 1

Happy Bday!!!

Here's the changes I've noticed at 40... Birthdays seem to come around much more frequently than they used to. The drive to do something special for them has gone down... no more big parties or dinners. And the big thing... Went from getting cool toys and hundreds of dollars when I was younger, to getting a few cards and phonecalls as I got older.

It's all good tho, at this age I'm starting to really not give a crap about them LOL.

I hear you Mark! That clock keeps getting faster.

hang in there youngin in a few more years you'l try to forget it has come arround one more time

and the more it comes arround the more you realize how few you have left :(

Shelby, you can call me youngin any time lol...I'll take it!

have a GREAT day bud ;) you are as old as you think/feel. that makes me 18/73 :P 42, seems like a long time ago for me :lol: looking forward to TX 14' :D

Lol thanks Harry! Guess that would make me about 18/65 or somewhere abouts.

TX '14 is gonna rock.

Crap man, I missed seeing it today. Regardless Happy Birthday!

I know what you mean, I'm 39 and most all of my friends are now electronic :)

-N8

Thanks Nate! I feel you...I "hang out" with all you guys more than I do with people in person! Is that wrong?

Happy birthday you old buzzard! And yes, the whole technology stuff has made b days and special occcassions so inpersonal.

The flip side of the getting happy birthday's via social media's is NOT getting any. You check emails, nothing, you check facebook, twitter, snapshot etc. and you begin to wonder wth?

Happy birthday you old buzzard! And yes, the whole technology stuff has made b days and special occcassions so inpersonal.

The flip side of the getting happy birthday's via social media's is NOT getting any. You check emails, nothing, you check facebook, twitter, snapshot etc. and you begin to wonder wth?

So does this give me king kong status?! At least for the day?