Here is an excellent lecture on racism

lionbull

Lion here is an example of our familys beliefs , these are my g-g-childrens 1st cousens and they love them like bro and sister the little boy in the red shirt is my 1st g-g-son , his sister was there to but not in this pic

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10009/IMAG0060_0495_edited-1.JPG

well off to thye doc's don't start any wars while i'm gone, i'd hate to have to get Robert on you all ;)

Been wondering if you guys have Dr. K doing covert ops! :lol:

There is no denying there were white slaves. I have always said that.

Are you trying to illustrate the same degree of suffering whites went through as equal to that of blacks?

Were they detached from their cultures? They were still allowed to reap the benefits of White supremacy/Imperialism as time went by.

"Poor whites", is a degree in that group that allows for movement from their current status/status quo.

The same equality is not/was not given to blacks back then. Did you catch that?

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

If only people truly understood what those words mean then we, as a nation, could live in a color blind society.

Unfortunately we have the "race baiters" like Sharpton, Jackson, Jackson's jail bound son, and Quanell X that keep hate and racism alive. These so called civil rights leaders don't have a freaking clue as to what those words actually mean. As long as they keep blacks hating whitey then they get a paycheck. They are pathetic and they don’t do the black community any favors.

If this is ever going to be a nation where someone is judged solely on the content of their character then why do we have the NAACP or BET or the national black caucus or every other freaking organization that highlights the fact that someone is black?? why? why? why?

One’s ethnicity should be CELEBRATED because we are a nation of immigrants.

One’s ethnicity should not be a consideration when it comes to getting a job or used to gain an advantage where one shouldn’t exist!

Oh, no one want wants racism right?!? We want racism eliminated from our lives right?!?!? Everyone wants to treated fairly right?!?!?!?!? Oh but let's throw "fairness" out of the window if I can use my ethnicity to gain an advantage right?!?!? Oh yeah, that's it!!! That defines fairness!! It's the biggest crock of crap there is!

It's this kind of crap that keeps racism alive and part of our lives!!!!!

How about we hire someone based on their qualifications?!?!? How about that!? How about we leave "race" out of every job application and hire people based on their skills!? How about we leave RACE out of everything and judge someone by the content of their character!!!! How about that?!?!?

I’m so freaking sick of people crying racism and using it to justify every plight they have in life! It must suck for these people to wake up every morning and blame every bad thing that's going to happen on the color of their skin!!

There's my 2 cents!

You started off pretty good.

I agree to an extent about certain black leaders.

You kind of went off on the tangent there.

I can tell you don't understand racism. Let's put what you said in context.

The dominant society has provided power, wealth and control over this country as well as it's people based upon skin color.

So it's ok for the dominant society to do it but when minorities try to assert themselves in the same manner, to upgrade their status and search for equality, it is considered a problem? you take offense to that?

let me know what i missed.

I can tell you don't understand racism. Let's put what you said in context.

The dominant society has provided power, wealth and control over this country as well as it's people based upon skin color.

So it's ok for the dominant society to do it but when minorities try to assert themselves in the same manner, to upgrade their status and search for equality, it is considered a problem? you take offense to that?

let me know what i missed.

If they don't like it why don't they leave then? If your faced with a fight you can't win do you stay and keep getting your but kicked? or do you pick up and leave. Go start your own magic and pix dust country. You will always have have and have nots, and when we get to a point that we don't (IE TRULY EQUAL) people would not know what to do with themselves in a society where we say had a star trek replicator that could just make a diamond and then diamonds would have no value.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

If only people truly understood what those words mean then we, as a nation, could live in a color blind society.

Unfortunately we have the "race baiters" like Sharpton, Jackson, Jackson's jail bound son, and Quanell X that keep hate and racism alive. These so called civil rights leaders don't have a freaking clue as to what those words actually mean. As long as they keep blacks hating whitey then they get a paycheck. They are pathetic and they don’t do the black community any favors.

If this is ever going to be a nation where someone is judged solely on the content of their character then why do we have the NAACP or BET or the national black caucus or every other freaking organization that highlights the fact that someone is black?? why? why? why?

One’s ethnicity should not be a consideration when it comes to getting a job or used to gain an advantage where one shouldn’t exist!

Oh, no one want wants racism right?!? We want racism eliminated from our lives right?!?!? Everyone wants to treated fairly right?!?!?!?!? Oh but let's throw "fairness" out of the window if I can use my ethnicity to gain an advantage right?!?!? Oh yeah, that's it!!! That defines fairness!! It's the biggest crock of crap there is!

How about we hire someone based on their qualifications?!?!? How about that!? How about we leave "race" out of every job application and hire people based on their skills!? How about we leave RACE out of everything and judge someone by the content of their character!!!! How about that?!?!?

I’m so freaking sick of people crying racism and using it to justify every plight they have in life! It must suck for these people to wake up every morning and blame every bad thing that's going to happen on the color of their skin!!

There's my 2 cents!

This is exactly how I feel!

Oh did I?

To what extent would that be???

You think??

I can tell you don't understand racism.

No buddy, YOU don't understand racism. Too many people confuse prejudice and racism.

rac·ism

noun: racism

1. the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Hitler was a “racist”

Let's put what you said in context. The dominant society has provided power, wealth and control over this country as well as it's people based upon skin color.

WHAT????

So it's ok for the dominant society to do it but when minorities try to assert themselves in the same manner, to upgrade their status and search for equality, it is considered a problem? you take offense to that? let me know what i missed.

Maybe I could understand you if you could clearly communicate what you mean. This is as clear as mud.

Edited by ToneyC

If they don't like it why don't they leave then? If your faced with a fight you can't win do you stay and keep getting your but kicked? or do you pick up and leave. Go start your own magic and pix dust country. You will always have have and have nots, and when we get to a point that we don't (IE TRULY EQUAL) people would not know what to do with themselves in a society where we say had a star trek replicator that could just make a diamond and then diamonds would have no value.

Ever played monopoly? When the game starts everyone is given an equal amount to start with. Whatever happens after is your luck and chance

When you have people play with 50 bucks and others start with 1000 dollars, some of us go bankrupt real quick.

There might always be the haves and have nots but we don't need outside influences affecting the outcome of the game.

Are the rules still the same as it was in the beginning?

Oh did I?

To what extent would that be???

You think??

No buddy, YOU don't understand racism. Too many people confuse prejudice and racism.

rac·ism

noun: racism

1. the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Hitler was a “racist”

WHAT????

Maybe I could understand you if you could clearly communicate what you mean. This is as clear as mud.

Racism affects all people activity. Labor, law, politics, war, religion, sex, economics,education etc.

You just degraded your argument by posting that simple wiki definition. That tells me you do not understand racism.

I have already said it is not limited to bigotry/hate/prejudice in an earlier post. Yes, part of it is the myth that white is superior....

Ever played monopoly? When the game starts everyone is given an equal amount to start with. Whatever happens after is your luck and chance

When you have people play with 50 bucks and others start with 1000 dollars, some of us go bankrupt real quick.

There might always be the haves and have nots but we don't need outside influences affecting the outcome of the game.

Are the rules still the same as it was in the beginning?

yeah infact I play turnemnts. And that would depend on the rule set you play by. Starting with 50 bucks makes it harder but is not a garontee your going broke. I savy good player can make something, the rest should wash out and be liquified regardless of starting amount.

yeah infact I play turnemnts. And that would depend on the rule set you play by. Starting with 50 bucks makes it harder but is not a garontee your going broke. I savy good player can make something, the rest should wash out and be liquified regardless of starting amount.

Very good point but if the parameters are not set equally then it allows a bias that does not allow for equal movement on the board. A player can go bankrupt before an opportunity can be realized.

Edited by lionbull

Racism affects all people activity. Labor, law, politics, war, religion, sex, economics,education etc.

You just degraded your argument by posting that simple wiki definition. That tells me you do not understand racism.

I have already said it is not limited to bigotry/hate/prejudice in an earlier post. Yes, part of it is the myth that white is superior....

My argument is degraded because YOU say so? Because I posted the definition of racism? My argument makes more sense than you can ever coble together in your mind genius.

Don't tell me that I don't understand racism. I'm an Asian that grew up in the Deep South. You don't know me son.

The issue with racism isn’t racism at ALL. The issue with racism is the continual conversations we have about it. Racism isn’t the problem, the degraded BEHAVIOR of society and the acceptance of it, IS the problem.

The only thing you are entitled to in this country is the same thing I was entitled to - The OPPROTUNITY to suceed.

Some people just choose to blame their RACE as the reason they didn’t grasp it. "I can't suceed cause whitey keeps me down!" Yeah, that's it!

I grew up in poverty, you don't see me playing the ASIAN card do you? No, because I don't let my ethnicity dictate my path in life. I grabed my b*lls and joined the military and made something out of my life. Unfortunately, too many people in our country blame their race for their failures and wait for the hand out.

Go buy yourself a clue…

Edited by ToneyC

Very good point but if the parameters are not set equally then it allows a bias that does not allow for equal movement on the board. A player can go bankrupt before an opportunity can be realized.

That's called life. were all made diffrent even one's that are simmilar, and grow up the same. There is also handycaping. You can take a top ranked golfer and there handycap might give away almost a full rounds score to a run of the mill golfer..... Now did that level the playing field so the two can play competivly with each other, or did that further skew the divide is the quesiton.

Or take someone who is not as "smart".... maybe they are physicly strong, Or maybe there mind can see music in color It's never even or fair.... it's all about saying screw it and just doing it. Sure you might have to work harder, sure it make take longer, sure you might have to make sacrafices. It's the one's that WONT do that, that truly continue the issues. It's like the learn from history or repeat it deal.

Edited by jszucs

That's called life. were all made diffrent even one's that are simmilar, and grow up the same. There is also handycaping. You can take a top ranked golfer and there handycap might give away almost a full rounds score to a run of the mill golfer..... Now did that level the playing field so the two can play competivly with each other, or did that further skew the divide is the quesiton.

Or take someone who is not as "smart".... maybe they are physicly strong, Or maybe there mind can see music in color It's never even or fair.... it's all about saying screw it and just doing it. Sure you might have to work harder, sure it make take longer, sure you might have to make sacrafices. It's the one's that WONT do that, that truly continue the issues. It's like the learn from history or repeat it deal.

Well said, well said....

I've seen white folks who live in the slums. If the playing field is biased towards whites, how did those people fail? Then I've also seen black folks who came up poor but worked hard and became great people in life and their careers. If everything's biased against them, how did they succeed? Then what about those successful minorities who have children and give them every opportunity available because they've been successful, yet their children get into gangs, drugs and there careers eventually become prison. If they had all these same opportunities, how did they fail?

Maybe those instances are few and far between, and not the normal way things are, but they're still there. I can totoally appreciate, that poor minorities have it harder than rich white folks, but that doesn't guarantee success or failure for any of the races involved. It may be easier for whites with money to build a good life, but it's not like it can't happen for blacks or minorities.

I won't lie, I come from money and had every available opportunity, yet, I had my fair share of legal troubles and was even bankrupt by my early 20's. I can't blame that on anything but myself. I had every opportunity and wasted almost all of them. I've been homeless, broke, jobless all that stuff. No magical good life because I was white, just my own failure. In each instance, I worked my tail off to rebuild my life and get to the place I want to be. Sure, maybe it was easier for me to rebuild than it would be for a minority, but the fact remains... We are all responsible for our own destiny. Nothing really worth having is ever easy to achieve. We can all work hard to build the life we want, granted some will have to work harder than others.

Some people have the drive to make their dreams happen no matter how hard it is to achieve them. Others just take the lazy way out and say they can't do it because there is too much against them, and blame it on anything but themselves. Everyone of every race and financial status has the ability to make one of those choices. Which will you take? That last question was not directed at any particular person or race, but everyone.

The issue with racism isn’t racism at ALL. The issue with racism is the continual conversations we have about it. Racism isn’t the problem, the degraded BEHAVIOR of society and the acceptance of it, IS the problem.

The only thing you are entitled to in this country is the same thing I was entitled to - The OPPROTUNITY to suceed.

^^I agree..

Edited by LEPORE

^^I agree..

So the act itself is not an issue but the conversation about it is.?

So out of sight is out of mind?

Not referencing it somehow eliminates the issue?

Degraded behavior by who? put it into context.

Your whole argument is based around your personal opinion and you have given nothing to validate it

Seems like you are talking about symptoms of an underlying issue. I don't know since you did not explain.

If you have a headache do you blame your head? or the position you slept in, that might have affected your neck, maybe stress, the guy that hit you etc.

I don't know about LEPORE. but IMO and from what I've seen both are issues. The act of racism will always be an issue. We might all be able to debate it with an open mind someday and move forward with fewer racist people, ideals, and acts, but there will always be a few people who will never change their outlook. The problem with talking about it is this... We have all these conversations about it, but never seem to make much progress to where everyone can move forward and work to make the issues fewer and farther between. What you get are the people (usually minorities) who complain that racism and the system is ruining their life and making it hard to have the life they want. On the other end, you have other people (usually whites) who complain the race card gets pulled too much, and rather try to have an open mind to what the minorities have been thru and maybe change their thinking a little bit, they stick to their guns. At the same time, the minorities are sticking to their guns and refusing to have an open minded debate themselves. meanwhile, stuck in the middle are people like me... While I've been looked down upon by minorities for being white, I have not felt the full brunt of truly racist issues. Personally, I like to think we are all the same and there should be no racism. I like to think we should be able to have open-minded debates about the subject to find an acceptable way for all of us to move forward and be at least somewhat content with the direction things are going.

In the end, I see the minorities sticking to their guns and feelings and claiming the system keeps them down, and the whites being stubborn and saying the minorities do as much to perpetuate racism as the whites. Meanwhile, the rest of the people like me look at both sides with disbelief wondering how we can ever get away from racism, and have open minded discussions and hopefully a way to move forward rather than being stubborn and following the status quo. Sure there's a lot of whites perpetrating racism, but there's probably just as many minorities who are stubborn and keep perpetrating their own racism.

We all have to be on the same page or we'll go nowhere.

So out of sight is out of mind?

Not referencing it somehow eliminates the issue?

Degraded behavior by who? put it into context.

Your whole argument is based around your personal opinion and you have given nothing to validate it

Seems like you are talking about symptoms of an underlying issue. I don't know since you did not explain.

If you have a headache do you blame your head? or the position you slept in, that might have affected your neck, maybe stress, the guy that hit you etc.

You can’t the forest for the trees. Racism is an issue because people like you continue to MAKE it an issue.

This country has given black Americans every stinking opportunity under the sun to include affirmative action. What good has any of it done to "bring them up"? What good has any of it done to eliminate racism?

Let’s just take one major US city and site some statistics okay??

Let’s look at Detroit Michigan.

What percentage of Detroit is black? Around 83%. WOW, that’s a lot.

What is the functional illiteracy rate in Detroit? 47% of metro Detroiters are functionally illiterate. WOW, that’s a lot. Who’s to blame for that Bevis? Can we blame THAT on racism too?!?!?

That’s just ONE US city. Dig a little bit and you’ll see a trend….

Let’s look at some incarceration numbers now shall we??

Black Americans make up about 30 percent of the United States’ population yet they account for 60 percent of those imprisoned. WOW, that’s a lot. Again, who do we blame for this Bevis?!?!?

The prison population grew by 700 percent from 1970 to 2005, a rate that is outpacing crime and population rates. The incarceration rates disproportionately impact men of color: 1 in every 15 black American men is incarcerated in comparison to 1 in every 106 white men.

Lemme guess though, it isn’t their fault right? It isn’t the fault of the black community is it? It isn’t the fact that the “thug” life style is glorified and emulated by young black men is it? No, couldn’t be their fault. It’s got to be the racism!!!

If there was just no racism then this wouldn't happen!! It’s not their BEHAVIOR that needs to be addressed, its racism!

This is more than my personal opinion Bevis, these are facts!!

You go on and keep believing that garbage okay? And I’ll keep telling you that racism will always exist as long as there are people who keep making it an issue and profiting from it.

Edited by ToneyC

I don't know about LEPORE. but IMO and from what I've seen both are issues. The act of racism will always be an issue. We might all be able to debate it with an open mind someday and move forward with fewer racist people, ideals, and acts, but there will always be a few people who will never change their outlook. The problem with talking about it is this... We have all these conversations about it, but never seem to make much progress to where everyone can move forward and work to make the issues fewer and farther between. What you get are the people (usually minorities) who complain that racism and the system is ruining their life and making it hard to have the life they want. On the other end, you have other people (usually whites) who complain the race card gets pulled too much, and rather try to have an open mind to what the minorities have been thru and maybe change their thinking a little bit, they stick to their guns. At the same time, the minorities are sticking to their guns and refusing to have an open minded debate themselves. meanwhile, stuck in the middle are people like me... While I've been looked down upon by minorities for being white, I have not felt the full brunt of truly racist issues. Personally, I like to think we are all the same and there should be no racism. I like to think we should be able to have open-minded debates about the subject to find an acceptable way for all of us to move forward and be at least somewhat content with the direction things are going.

In the end, I see the minorities sticking to their guns and feelings and claiming the system keeps them down, and the whites being stubborn and saying the minorities do as much to perpetuate racism as the whites. Meanwhile, the rest of the people like me look at both sides with disbelief wondering how we can ever get away from racism, and have open minded discussions and hopefully a way to move forward rather than being stubborn and following the status quo. Sure there's a lot of whites perpetrating racism, but there's probably just as many minorities who are stubborn and keep perpetrating their own racism.

We all have to be on the same page or we'll go nowhere.

Where can we go without talking about it. When you jump in a cabbie he says to you where to.

In order to have a nice conversation about this people need to have an open mind.

Let me say i am NOT defending people who reinforce negative behavior upon themselves and others.

If you are thinking that then you may unknowingly project the same thinking, that you think I'm doing upon me and the cycle continues.

The end result is i might feel the same way you do. So we have to be careful.

There's my 2 cents!

You go on and keep believing that garbage okay? And I’ll keep telling you that racism will always exist as long as there are people who keep making it an issue and profiting from it.

Exactly why I don't want to watch that stupid video or join in this debate very far. This BS only exists as long as we as a people keep in going in practice and discussion.

Then you have people like lionbull who watch some video that becomes a personal revelation to them and they spark debates like this one. All threads like this do is get people all pissed off.

There's a reason why political threads and threads like this always get locked. They cause nothing but trouble.

You can’t the forest for the trees. Racism is an issue because people like you continue to MAKE it an issue.

This country has given black Americans every stinking opportunity under the sun to include affirmative action. What good has any of it done to "bring them up"? What good has any of it done to eliminate racism?

Let’s just take one major US city and site some statistics okay??

Let’s look at Detroit Michigan.

What percentage of Detroit is Black? Around 83%. WOW, that’s a lot.

What is the functional illiteracy rate in Detroit? 47% of metro Detroiters are functionally illiterate. WOW, that’s a lot. Who’s to blame for that Bevis? Can we blame THAT on racism too?!?!?

That’s just ONE US city. Dig a little bit and you’ll see a trend….

Let’s look at some incarceration numbers now shall we??

Black Americans make up about 30 percent of the United States’ population yet they account for 60 percent of those imprisoned. WOW, that’s a lot. Again, who do we blame for this Bevis?!?!?

The prison population grew by 700 percent from 1970 to 2005, a rate that is outpacing crime and population rates. The incarceration rates disproportionately impact men of color: 1 in every 15 African American men is incarcerated in comparison to 1 in every 106 white men.

Lemme guess though, it isn’t their fault right? It isn’t the fault of the black community is it? It isn’t the fact that the “thug” life style is glorified and emulated by young black men is it? No, couldn’t be their fault. It’s got to be the racism!!!

If there was just no racism then this wouldn't happen!! It’s not their BEHAVIOR that needs to be addressed, its racism!

This is more than my personal opinion Bevis, these are facts!!

So you finally found something factual.

it took you long enough.

These are symptoms. It would be cool if you listed the causes.

any group that has been through what blacks have up until the time that they will react the same.

These are economic issues resulting from the economic gap started decades ago.

Guess you did not know that huh. You ignored the outside influences that contributed to that.

Did you even know that affirmative action was for minorities and not specific to blacks?

Did you know that white women were made a minority and they got benefits adding to what their husband bought in. Blacks could not get housing, loans etc in the early part of the century. there were specific policies/laws enforcing this.

Did you know that jim crow was specify to white males?

So racism is not the problem, talking about it is. Yeah i'm sure

What part of Asia are you from?

Exactly why I don't want to watch that stupid video or join in this debate very far. This BS only exists as long as we as a people keep in going in practice and discussion.

Then you have people like lionbull who watch some video that becomes a personal revelation to them and they spark debates like this one. All threads like this do is get people all pissed off.

There's a reason why political threads and threads like this always get locked. They cause nothing but trouble.

You're right on. I got heated just talking about it. I’m worn out just thinking about it. I hope that in my lifetime (yeah right) we can see truly judge each other by our character rather than color..

Edited by ToneyC