Pac-Man is Back...Scarier Than Ever

NikoFab

Awesome, a FPS Tron styled PacMan game.

I'm a child of the 80's too.

Time to sit my Atari 2600, Coleco, and Intellivision aside! :)

-N8

You have got to be the only other person I know who remembers intellivision.

Dude, we were console freaks back in the day! I remember my brother taking a polaroid of the Megamania (Atari) screen and mailing it to Activision for a patch for getting over 1M points.

We prided ourselves on our collection of over 100 cartridges.

Unfortunately I hooked my units up to my 55" LED Samsung and it was barely viewable. I'd rather play those than my 360 or PS3. :)

-N8

Edited by natallica

And yet another child of the 80's. I held top score on a few pacman games growing up.

will check out the improved version

An FPS maze game? Headache city!

I miss the arcades though, I'm from the 80's too. Was playing Ms.PacMan at the movie theatre the other day, about the only place that still has arcade games. That game is harder than Battlefield 3!

I agree, those games make you work for it. I'm an 80's kid as well, grew up playing at the arcades.

Those were the days, You played against others in person. I someone whooped you at Street Fighter, you best be a good sport about it or you may find yourself in a life version of street fighter. Non of this E thug crap.

Alot of those old school games require patience, non of which todays generation has.

This isn't a new concept.

Back in 83 a FPS version of Pac-Man came out. It was called 3-Demon. Waaaaaay harder than Pac-Man.

Maze on the left. Bottom right is a ghost radar screen. And you could pause to look at the mape to see where you were in the maze.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0JGd_itBVk

Edited by ucw458

Dude, we were console freaks back in the day! I remember my brother taking a polaroid of the Megamania (Atari) screen and mailing it to Activision for a patch for getting over 1M points.

Unfortunately I hooked my units up to my 55" LED Samsung and it was barely viewable. I'd rather play those than my 360 or PS3. :)

-N8

Ha! You said cartridges.

You have got to be the only other person I know who remembers intellivision.

That's not even a stretch. Intelivision was very common back then. Now Odicy 1... now that was rare. You had a 8 or 10 D cell powered game system (AC plug came later) and you stuck a celepahne to the static of the TV tube. The system and cartgage put a single dot on the screen that would follow whatever the game celepahne you put on the TV.

-N8

That's awsome I was one of the highest ranked in IIRC the 5 and below catagory for Tac Scan.

And don't run them with the real console on your TV, Run the emulator and use your hardware to force an aspect ration applicable to the TV your using. It's awsome when pac man is the size of your head.

Edited by jszucs

Those were the days, You played against others in person. I someone whooped you at Street Fighter, you best be a good sport about it or you may find yourself in a life version of street fighter. Non of this E thug crap.

Yep, lined up your quarters on the machine, better not try to cut in line either! I spent so many hourse standing in front of Street Fighter, Tekken, Killer Instinct, Virtua Fighter, and my favorite, Samurai Shodown. I managed a 23-win streak on that machine, and I mean real people.

• 2 weeks later...

That's not even a stretch. Intelivision was very common back then. Now Odicy 1... now that was rare. You had a 8 or 10 D cell powered game system (AC plug came later) and you stuck a celepahne to the static of the TV tube. The system and cartgage put a single dot on the screen that would follow whatever the game celepahne you put on the TV.

Holy cow I forgot about Odicy...never even got to see one in person...very rare.

That's awsome I was one of the highest ranked in IIRC the 5 and below catagory for Tac Scan.

And don't run them with the real console on your TV, Run the emulator and use your hardware to force an aspect ration applicable to the TV your using. It's awsome when pac man is the size of your head.

I have no idea what everything you just said means....but I'm all for a head-sized pac man

I have no idea what everything you just said means....but I'm all for a head-sized pac man

Ok an "emulator" will software wise emulate the hardware a game ran on. Could be a hand held, could be a home game system, could be an arcade machine, could be an old PC. Then you have "roms" They are just files that are no diffrent then a chip or cartrage or CD ECT that you would ether have pluged into the board, or inserted in a disk drive or cartgage slot ECT. This will then allow you to play the files, on a software version of the hardware.

Now where it plays out with the newer TV's is you can in most cases use the PC you are running the emulator with to use it's hardware to force a resolution to the TV. So lets say like an atari is ment to put out to an analog TV so like 500 or so lines are able to be displayed on. Now you could emulate an atari and use the computers hardware to force that 500 lines to say 1200 lines and then you could run it around 1080I or P which will make it much larger on the TV.