1983 Starion Partout

mooser83

** Edit 8/12/13 **

Sorry I have not updated most as to the parts. I have not had time to get to the parts nor the computer between work, kids and moving. I am selling the rest of the parts car and my other starion as I do not have time to work on either nor the space.

Link to selling of the cars.

http://www.starquest...howtopic=138512

Life has thrown a good curve ball my way and I have to keep my priorities straight for the family.

It's finally that time. I have to get rid of my parts Starion as my wife and I will be moving soon and we have WAY to many cars to move again.

I am going to part out as much of it as I can. I prefer not to ship large pieces if possible. I am located in Central New York State (near Syracuse.) I will not be selling the fuel injectors. Pretty much everything else on it that I can remove is up for sale. I plan to scrap the car at the end of June or middle of July.

The car has a grey cloth interior and black exterior. It does not run (engine has a major problem beyond my knowledge) It is missing the passenger side front fender.

I posted a few pictures. I will post more this weekend.

If someone wants to take the car as a whole, it currently is almost complete minus the front pass fender, fuel injectors, the turbo heat shield and gas tank (I removed the tank but I still have it) I'll take $1000 for it, I have a clear NYS title for it.

Yes, it has the 1983 hood on it that is in very good shape. It had a skull sticker on it and I removed it but you can still see the sticky stuff from the sticker. I didn't use any special sticky remover as I wasn't sure if that stuff would damage the paint, so I left it.

More to come as I start disassembly this weekend.

**edited for typos and comment about pictures**

Edited by mooser83

The tailights have been sold.

Here is the best I could get of the hood. $300. I do not wish to ship this item.

http://mooser83.com/starquest/images/photo%204.JPG

More to come. If you have a request I will work on that first.

Edited by mooser83

Wow, only 1000 for the car with the hood, tails and cloth interior? mega buy there!

That was the idea, less for me to deal with. However, it looks like its going the way of parts though due to quick interest in the hood and tails (not a big surprise there)

Can you post pics of the engine bay items. I'm interested in:

TB

Pressure sensor with vac switch connected to it. Other vac switches near igniter box.

ballast resister.

Non ABS factory brake line from master cylinder to firewall tee / proportion valve.

90k mile car when I sold it to him it was one of the best examples of an 83 I had ever seen .

The car has only a few thousand more than the 90k when I got it. It has sat for over 2 years since it developed an issue with the engine. It has been stored in a garage for a year and outside with an expensive cover for another year. The car is still in great shape, but I can't fix the engine issues and it'll be too much to get it fixed. I have another 1983 (with more miles) but I've put more money into that one. Plus I have already taken the injectors and a fender from it and don't have the time or space to keep both (along with the other 5 project car/jeeps I have)

I will be responding to messages as quickly as possible. Hood and tails have a lot of interest and I have people in order based on the time they messaged me or posted interest in the thread.

Thanks,

Matt

if the car does get parted i would be interested in any of the emblems on the outside of the car. thank you

Some of the emblems have been removed and put on my other Starion (as the ones on that car had been painted over)

Can you post pics of the engine bay items. I'm interested in:

TB

Pressure sensor with vac switch connected to it. Other vac switches near igniter box.

ballast resister.

Non ABS factory brake line from master cylinder to firewall tee / proportion valve.

I will work on this.

Sorry for the delay folks. My wife and I were "served" some unexpected paperwork yesterday regarding my step son that absorbed the majority of my weekend. I will get pictures of requested parts as soon as possible.