12a???? What you think.

Lizzord30

Ceramic 1200F paint.

Idea is to have increased flow, the inlet is somewhat velocity stack shaped. has slits ground in the side like a GT style turbo To help prevent compressor stall(big problem with 12a). its a 3in exhaust pipe ground to shape, with screws drilled in the housing to hold in place. 3in turbo boot on 12a?

you best add loc nuts to them screws for sure

as for will it work, who knows but you'll let us know right ;)

I shouldnt need lock nuts I didnt tap the bolts when I put it in just screw it it was hard to get in, They bolts are a somewhat long and go a good ways into the turbo. Really going to be very hard to tell unless i swap a stock housing on and test it, since I have never drove the 2.6 on this montero (to best of my knowledge no one was done this swap). Not to mention last time I was running the 12a was on the blue car with MPI and it was not really usable so kinda hard to compare. But Ill let you know when its running!

Kinda hope it makes a more cool turbo noise too lol! :D:D

Edited by Lizzord30

That inlet ..............mod.......... would go well with some of this stuff.

http://static.pepboys.com/images/productImages/42614100/spectre-hose-kit-7498.jpg

:P

not sure that stuff will work for a suction inlet

That inlet ..............mod.......... would go well with some of this stuff.

:P

Well their is a reason that almost all newer turbos have this basic design, I know more better then mine but still. Gain one 1cfm on the 12a and thats like a 25% incress!

Well their is a reason that almost all newer turbos have this basic design, I know more better then mine but still. Gain one 1cfm on the 12a and thats like a 25% incress!

With that lofty of a goal wouldn't putting a 16g on there be a better solution.

With that lofty of a goal wouldn't putting a 16g on there be a better solution.

Actually i like the kind of power the undersized 12a gives as this will be on the montero, where I need more truck style performance then sports car. Lets face it the stock TBI + 12a really is best suited for a truck! But hey if its works well I wouldnt mind doing it to other turbos. The air is going at so high of velocity at the turbo inlet, that a little bit can make a difference. Just think its going probly 2 or 3 times faster thought the turbo inlet then at the intake runners on a mpi. Read of a DSM guy gain a few mph in the 1/4 with a ram tube on the stock 14b turbo.