Techboy's 88 Starion SHP Save ....

techboy

• 3 weeks later...

Got this sent to me from the shop today ... first color shot I've seen myself. I'm stopping by the shop on Friday in person, and I'll take lots of pics, so check back over the weekend. Here's what I got for now ....

YGSFAn.jpg

XPL7Sh.jpg

Edited by techboy

please do your self a big favour and install the a/c stuff. i just got all my cars a/c done... its day and night. you will forever love driving your car in all weather / seasons. looks like you have all the parts there. just get 2-1/2 cans of freon which costs about $5.50/can.

trust me, your car aint going any faster without all the a/c stuff anyways... its really easy to convert the system to r134. do it once, do it right

Color looks amazing. Cant wait to see it in person one day

Im with Tae, ill never go with out ac on any car/truck I own. If I can find away to fit ac on my MPI I WILL HAVE AC AGAIN!

If you dont mind, next time your at the shop looking at the car. Ask if he would like to do another SQ.

I don't even have to ask him Joe .. he'd do it. I've known this guy for years and he's a sponsor of the CF Benefit Car Show. He'd do it. It's just getting him - he gets a number of personal requests to paint cars. When you're ready shoot me a text and I can get you linked up with him.

As far as A/C goes ... hmmm ... I have the delete stuff to delete it properly, I also believe I have everything to install it properly. Here's my thoughts: Shockingly, I still have A/C in my Eclipse, and I have it in my daily, and my wife's car has it. So, everything else I own has it. I've never had a Quest with A/C, I can't ever recall a time where I wished I had it. I finished the motor that will be in this car in October 2013 (I think), since that time I've put about 530 miles on the motor. When it gets swapped into this car, it probably won't be driven much more than what I'm currently driving it - really just to shows and that's about it. So, I'll think over what you guys are saying ... I can definitely tell you I have no interest in selling off the parts. I will be keeping them.

Edited by techboy

it will still be worth more if and/when you need to sell it. even just for value sakes and just to brag about cold a/c in a sq!!

an hour of work will yield a fruitful harvest!! just so you won't regret it ever !!

I'm even looking for a way to put it in my 2j. even with 2sq, mighty max, monteroll with ac!

just a thought!

On 8/20/2015 at 2:26 PM, kev said:

I love the color!

Thanks Kev. I had a feeling you would.

Stopped by the shop today, unfortunately they weren't really all that much further along, so I didn't really get any additional color shots other than the engine bay I already posted. The doors and fenders were in being painted while I was there. They said most of the filling and sanding was complete and that the color will be going on next week. Here's the few pics I did take.

HiQ6CP.jpg

EEq1Zc.jpg

I6ahiM.jpg

Here's the hood in primer. Next item to go in for paint. Can't wait to see that when it's done ...

li86ME.jpg

Edited by techboy

Got two more pics from the shop today. They said all the paint work is done. All that is left is a wet sand, buff, and reassembly. :P We're getting there ....

7XZKaR.jpg

pSbBU1.jpg

Edited by techboy

Looks awesome. Wish I would have been able to shoot everything with the major panels off the car. I just couldn't make it happen logistically.

Must be a good shop to go right into wet sanding and buffing. You don't see that too often. The must really care about their work and the finished product

Brief little update here: I've been informed by the paint shop the car will be done by the end of this week (9/11). Hopefully that happens I can get the car back home and start rolling on it again before it turns freezing cold here in PA. Yeah!

In the absence of having a car to work on for the past month I've been cleaning up and painting a lot of parts that are currently off the car. I haven't taken too many pictures, but you guys will see it as it all goes back together. Like most people, I had off today for Labor Day so I spent some time in the garage working on cleaning up more parts. I took a look at my IC for the first time today. Everything on this car has so much overspray on it a previous horrid paint job that it is making cleaning everything up a bear. I'm trying to decide if it's worth my time to polish thing up or not. It's tough to really see on these cars being mounted at an angle and all that. I started by hand sanding off some overspray (you can still alot of it) And then I polished up a 3" section on the upper tube just get a sense. I dunno.

rsDBGo.jpg

I also took some time today to work on the wiper cowls. Again, I had to lightly scuff alot of white overspray off and then I hit them with some DupiColor trim and bumper paint. Came out pretty sweet I think.

gG8HRM.jpg

Other than that I've been cleaning brakes line on the wire wheel and painting various brackets and such. Ya know, keeping busy. ;)

Edited by techboy

On 9/8/2015 at 4:39 AM, randy said:

I know your really excited about your car's progress it looks great.

I am, especially considering I've owned it for 4 years, it's never been driven, I almost scrapped it after it got crushed by the tree, and a year ago I almost gave up on the project entirely. Long time coming ...

Here's another teaser I got today from the shop. I can't wait to see it in person. I haven't seen the car in person since the engine bay was shot.

T9H6ba.jpg

Edited by techboy

As stated on the previous page, I received an email that the car was complete as of Friday. I am picking it up tomorrow. I'll be posting up pics shortly as soon as I get it home. :D :D :D :D Edited by techboy

Picked her up last night ... here ya go ... Enjoy!

BieKIG.jpg

5EgLcX.jpg

x2Ipm7.jpg

BRWDcn.jpg

VkIHb4.jpg

Close-up of the paint color choice:

4SrY2B.jpg

Bumpers and Airdam:

PkOpYl.jpg

un1X6U.jpg

XyzoTc.jpg

Getting ready to load: