TPS upgrade and adapter NEW STOCK!!!!

boostinmini

Wat? Mad lolz yo... so why is your block a waste of money if your saying its the other components causing problems. What is the problem? How on earth do you plan on setting up and tunning an MPI setup if you can't even figure out the stock set up, which is pretty straightforward. All this can be answered using search. And best of all.... what does any of this have to do with these TPS?

• 2 weeks later...
Just jumping in here as Rock Auto was mentioned... They are selling a Standard Motor Products stock TPS for $164.79. Part number TH249 ( MD614078 ). I thought I bought the last OEM one last year, however it looks like there making them again...

Just jumping in here as Rock Auto was mentioned... They are selling a Standard Motor Products stock TPS for $164.79. Part number TH249 ( MD614078 ). I thought I bought the last OEM one last year, however it looks like there making them again...

Pretty sure I herd about this awhile ago and turned out they didn't have them in stock or it was the wrong part.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
down to two left for the year and if there is not enough interest for next year i might not make them... I sold so many dont know how many are left that need them

• 2 months later...

Starion TPS upgrade instructions

1 - remove old TPS and cut off plug leaving enough wire to work with to connect to new tps.

2 - Match up wires on tps, the mazda colors are as follows

-Black and red is ground

-Blue and Yellow is signal

-Green and red is power

3 - use some pliers to "squish" the mazda tps metal actuator slot so it fits snug on the starion plastic tps actuator ut still able to move on it.

4 - Remove plastic TPS actuator arm from starion tbi unit and trim approx 1mm off the top so it will fit into the new adapter and rotate freely, then reinstall on TBI

5 - Use supplied foam and cut a small piece to fit in the bottom of of the TBI unit where the small opening.

6 - Bolt on TPS adapter plate using supplied allen bolts. Optional for extra water and dust tightness you can use a small amount of silicone between the adapter and the starion TBI Unit.

7 - I available use a small amount of brake lube to lube the oring to aid in adjusting TPS.

8 - Install TPS with the oring between the adapter and your new TPS. Do not over tighten the tps mounting nuts....you may cause damage to the tps just snug past the point you can't turn the tps

9 - Adjust TPS as per FSM

just a update if anyone has missed it from the first page