NikoFab Front Air Dam Group Buy: GP Closed

NikoFab

How is the fitment, the 2nd time around? This thread has been dead for a couple weeks now!

Things are coming along. Please understand that just because the thread may be "dead," doesn't mean that work isn't being done.

We had to wait until the fabricator came back from their holiday break. Tim's made two long trips back and forth since then to help make this project move forward.

Some good progress has been made:

1. The bolt holes are looking good for the most part. There are two of them that we'd like addressed further, but the rest look good. We're also going to see whether or not we can have them make the holes slotted instead of circular...as long as it doesn't cost more. We'll have to wait and see.
  2. The end returns on the dam are both short by 1/4 inch. This is the result of shrinkage due to thermal cooling. The fabricator is going to index an extension "tower" to remedy this situation.

Below are some pics Tim sent me. You can see that we've made strides in the fitment department. Please observe though that this is a prototype test piece. As such, it is not "finished" by a long shot...hence the rough edges. The finished units will be trimmed, beveled, and honed.

Nick

Another shot that shows the shrinkage. Here, the dam has been adjusted rearward to match the line of the wheel well sheet metal. You can see that by doing so, it pulled the front of the corner rearward as well. Solution: index an extension tower to make up the shortage.

http://www.nikofab.com/uploads/3/2/3/6/3236317/4553914_orig.jpg

Edited by NikoFab

Here you can see that even when stretched and under duress, the TPO holds its form well. It doesn't buckle and warp easily...the vents hold their shapes very well.

http://www.nikofab.com/uploads/3/2/3/6/3236317/1836490_orig.jpg

Even with the play in the piece (which is by design), Tim shows here how it squares to the vehicle well. The lines are really quite good.

http://www.nikofab.com/uploads/3/2/3/6/3236317/4836889_orig.jpg

Edited by NikoFab

Reminder: please try to get final balances in as soon as you're able. I have paid for the mold. You guys have paid for the digital scanning, prototyping, and material. All that's left to pay for is the finishing and shipping costs. I can't ship any of these until balances are settled!

Cheers,

Nick

To All:

I have enough material left to do five more units. After that, it will be a while before I do another run of these (I've got to get the windshield wiper cowl project going). If you would like to get one, please let me know asap. Price is $300 plus shipping/insurance/etc. (The $270 price was for those who took the risk on this project).

Cheers,

Nick