Shooting Movie with 89 CONQUEST. Seeking EXPERT Consultant (Must have 555hp+)

iFREAKNiK

You will not see 400tq and 550hp on this engine unless you are shooting nitrous at 5k rpm it will most likely be the other way around 550tq and 400hp. The motors have a very long stroke that is why people are saying you don't have to shoot for a high hp number. Focus on torque and you will be a street king. The trans may not last long at that power level but its worth a shot. The axels and diff WILL take the abuse for a while. Upgrade to 88/89 trans diff and axels for the strongest stuff. I would suggest forged pistons and rods (stock crank is fine) a lite port to the head, oring block with a felpro 8770 gasket and arp head studs. Reuse the stock main studs and don't fall for the gimiky high flow oil pump just buy a new Mitsubishi one and eliminate the balance shafts. For a turbo keep it on the smaller side say a gt35 or gt37 remember you are shooting for torque so you want to spool quickly. As for a cam I like TIm.C scream'n banshee it had some decent low end and screamed up top power drop off at 6500 match that with 100lb valve springs and mechanical rockers and you will be set.
  • Like 1

gottraction and i freaknik. im just outside of atlanta and really not far from stone mtn. how is it i dont know either of you guys?

ifreaknik, what shop are you reffering to that does mostly 2jzs? i know lots of shops around and am curious as to who you use and what guys come out of there. what side of town. im over on the gwinnett side and know most of the cats laying down high horsepower. my conquest has the dyno sheet from balanced performance to show im laying down 330 hp and let me tell you, you dont need to go to 555 hp.

i am running the mpi w ms2 and all the things you asked about. however im curious as to just what youve got going on? get back to me.

pure insanity i think i may have heard your real name before from a fellow quester. Im a rotary/dsm head so alot of my friends that i go to meets with/hangout with have those cars. I see your in loganville so im sure youve been to raphaels shop. Im always out but there are never any starquesters running it seems lol. If you talk to any starquesters on the eastside ask them about a lowered red one Edited by gottraction

I dont know raphael. At least not by name. I know zillions of people but........... I cant think of anyone i know on the eastside right off. Do you get over to the gwinnett, bp meets or what is now wild bills meet? I plan to be up that way soon. We should get together and let me check out your ride.

Seriously if you had any idea about these cars more than just the name, you would know that a 2.6L engine will not make more HP than TQ. Second these cars are quick in general but there arent dozens of people up that high in HP that are going to let you beat on their cars all day, nor do they want to do the beating themselves. Its not like there are tens of thousands of these out there like Civics and such, your talking about most people's dream cars, like I waited 10 years to find one.....no way Id let anyone drive it. What kind of incentive are you offering and what besides filming do you need from the persons vehicle? If I had what you needed, I would want to drive it myself. Just dont expect very many candidates eager to do this over the 555WHP mark. Im just over 200hp with over 300TQ and anyone who knows about engines KNOWS that HP is fictitious, TQ is what is measured and HP is calculated from TQ. You should really be looking for a high TQ car for anything except that sadly many small displacement cars seem inadequate cause they have no TQ.

Good luck!

Dodge I would have to argue the g54b could be made to make more HP then torq.... You could have custom pistons and rods made of very light material. Remove every bit of rotatiaonl mass you can. You could totaly destroke the motor down to maybe like a 1.9 1.8 if you wanted to go nuts. It could be done.... but why would be the question.

HP is not exactly facticious. Torq gets it moving, HP sustains the movement

the the 555HP mark.... I don't really get that ether... You could have a CRX with 300 HP and it's a rocket just crushing 600 HP mustangs. It's all relative. As for what the OP wanted last I read he wanted someone for build advice not to use there car or have them drive it. I though the OP was going to be building a car ( I think that is going to be his whole movie premise IE around the build).

• 3 months later...

This gentlemen is most certainly NOT talking about me because I have had 4 of these car and all of them run. If you feel that way, put your money where your mouth is and run it. We can meet at the Atlanta Motor Speedway for IA and line em up. Other then that, don't disrespect or talk down to any newbies because we where all there once.

Every now & then a newbie jumps on here and spouts about wanting 500hp talking of endless cash and little basic knowledge of cars and how a build really works. They never pan out, so some don't want to waste time with these kinds of new members.

Stock trans isn't reliable at all around 300hp for the majority. A few guys will say theirs has held up, which others blow em in a day at ~300. Keep in mind, these cars are built for stock 170ish. Do a TON of reading on the FAQs of this site and the various modification posts. Also read the Feedback Forum before throwing $$ around or asking veteran members here to repeat themselves for the hundredth time (literally for some).

• Like 1

Fuel pressure reg, intake mod, pistons, balace shaft elim, straight pipe, retard ign, dist adv removed, boost controller and a few other lite mods. The piping was reinforced with steel braids.

Yeah you will do a trans swap end of story if you are shooting for 500+whp

Our engines tend to make relatively high torque for horsepower because of the setup (or most people choking the turbine).

I am curious about your said claim on making 300+whp on a TBI setup? It has been done and isn't particularly hard but I am curious of the mods you used to accomplish this?

All love, I appreciate the support

They don't do it too be fake, they do it that way because doing it for real means you don't end up with a the film quality you need and you don't finish the movie. Drag cars are not carnival rides. They aren't appliances. They can't make hard runs all day long so you can get takes. Good luck though.

I appreciate the advice my man, you seem to know ya stuff. I understand that these cars are torque monsters. I'm not aiming for the number as much as being a member of the club. In respect, the number means nothing to me personally - its all about how it runs and winning. I've rebuilt the motor from the crank shaft up with all new parts - schnieder springs and arp everything is just the start. You'll see a snippet real soon :-)

You will not see 400tq and 550hp on this engine unless you are shooting nitrous at 5k rpm it will most likely be the other way around 550tq and 400hp. The motors have a very long stroke that is why people are saying you don't have to shoot for a high hp number. Focus on torque and you will be a street king. The trans may not last long at that power level but its worth a shot. The axels and diff WILL take the abuse for a while. Upgrade to 88/89 trans diff and axels for the strongest stuff. I would suggest forged pistons and rods (stock crank is fine) a lite port to the head, oring block with a felpro 8770 gasket and arp head studs. Reuse the stock main studs and don't fall for the gimiky high flow oil pump just buy a new Mitsubishi one and eliminate the balance shafts. For a turbo keep it on the smaller side say a gt35 or gt37 remember you are shooting for torque so you want to spool quickly. As for a cam I like TIm.C scream'n banshee it had some decent low end and screamed up top power drop off at 6500 match that with 100lb valve springs and mechanical rockers and you will be set.

I don't refer shops because in my personal opinion they over charge and usually under deliver. I have gotten a basic mechanic to assemble the motor with my parts to performance spec. Currently running a MS3 and if you know anyone with a base map - please email me :-)

I'll be running around Gwinnett area real soon as soon as it starts (filming now). I'll be talkin trash and raping Hondas across the street from Wild Bills.

gottraction and i freaknik. im just outside of atlanta and really not far from stone mtn. how is it i dont know either of you guys?

ifreaknik, what shop are you reffering to that does mostly 2jzs? i know lots of shops around and am curious as to who you use and what guys come out of there. what side of town. im over on the gwinnett side and know most of the cats laying down high horsepower. my conquest has the dyno sheet from balanced performance to show im laying down 330 hp and let me tell you, you dont need to go to 555 hp.

i am running the mpi w ms2 and all the things you asked about. however im curious as to just what youve got going on? get back to me.

The HP statement was just benchmark suggesting that you need to be fast for us to even talk - its wasnt a real requirement. I'm a lil disappointed so many people took it that way but its all love.

The car is done the build and beginning the tuning process now so . . . . really I'm str8. We're filming now, truth be told - people dont look at our cars the way that we do. Any opportunity to get a lil shine is bonus to each of us and the cars we drive. I'd figured I have more support then what I'm actually receiving :-(

Seriously if you had any idea about these cars more than just the name, you would know that a 2.6L engine will not make more HP than TQ. Second these cars are quick in general but there arent dozens of people up that high in HP that are going to let you beat on their cars all day, nor do they want to do the beating themselves. Its not like there are tens of thousands of these out there like Civics and such, your talking about most people's dream cars, like I waited 10 years to find one.....no way Id let anyone drive it. What kind of incentive are you offering and what besides filming do you need from the persons vehicle? If I had what you needed, I would want to drive it myself. Just dont expect very many candidates eager to do this over the 555WHP mark. Im just over 200hp with over 300TQ and anyone who knows about engines KNOWS that HP is fictitious, TQ is what is measured and HP is calculated from TQ. You should really be looking for a high TQ car for anything except that sadly many small displacement cars seem inadequate cause they have no TQ.

Good luck!