"We have a Latino problem..." Mike Murphy

guys we have an old man ( in his 80's at least ) that has been on the corner of sr 200 and 60th ave every day sence the first Bush went into office , saying whom ever is president should be impeach'd or run out of the country ,,shows you can't please any one all the time

the signs are on his bike and he pushes the bike 3 miles every morn and every nite back home , it's a sad sight to see that this is his only pleasure out of the life he see's

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_images/master/snapback.pngracer_amx, on 14 November 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_images/master/snapback.pngShelby, on 11 November 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

no problem just wait a few more years and the white american vote will be a minority group :)You consider this a good thing? why?

You consider that a bad thing?? Why??

-Robert

Humm i don't recall saying any thing about it being good or bad , nor do i realy care as long as they understand the cost of keeping this great country great and are willing to pay their share to keep it that way .

problem is a large % of people comeing here do not want to help, only bath in the freedom we offer

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_images/master/snapback.pngracer_amx, on 14 November 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_images/master/snapback.pngShelby, on 11 November 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

no problem just wait a few more years and the white american vote will be a minority group :)You consider this a good thing? why?

You consider that a bad thing?? Why??

-Robert

Humm i don't recall saying any thing about it being good or bad , nor do i realy care as long as they understand the cost of keeping this great country great and are willing to pay their share to keep it that way .

problem is a large % of people comeing here do not want to help, only bath in the freedom we offer

Sorry to burst your bubble there Shelby. That is a piss poor stereotype slapped on Latino immigrants. We're not here for free hand outs. Majority of us come here for a better a life, we come from lands of hardship and struggle, we're no strangers to hard work.

Most immigrants I know are too damn proud to take hand outs, specially from government. My entire family came here for a better life and escape civil war. Most of them are now naturalized citizens. My uncles are business owners, property owners, employ other people and vote in elections. They are more versed in U.S. politics than the average U.S. born citizen.

I'm a naturalized citizen, college educated, public relations and politics were my profession. I'm now a business owner. I pay taxes like anyone else. So during election times, I keep my eye out for those candidates that are looking to promote economic growth in our country.

In Florida you have a large number of Cuban immigrants. Look up yellow pages and see how many of them are lawyers, Dr.'s, business owners, collgege professors. They are among the most educated of people when they leave Cuba, 100% of them are literate.

So this stereotype latched on to Latino immigrants, that we are somehow different than "Americans" and that we don't have the same values, is BS.

Robert i am not placeing labels on any one , paying tax's is just one part ,

some of you guys just have to take every thread as being direct'd towards them selves, this is rarely true

as for this area haveing a lot of cubans not so, thats a south florida thing, we have a much larger ratio of mexican americans

and i personaly have never met a cuban doctor ,the largest percential come from turkey or india , but thats neather here nor there ,

some of you guys just have to take every thread as being direct'd towards them selves, this is rarely true

as for this area haveing a lot of cubans not so, thats a south florida thing, we have a much larger ratio of mexican americans

and i personaly have never met a cuban doctor ,the largest percential come from turkey or india , but thats neather here nor there ,

I know you were not directing anything personal Shelby. I just simply used a personal illustration to counter a typical stereotype. Hell in this country we have stereotypes for everyone.

I like how Dave Chappelle touched on the subject in one of his comedy specials, "if you're an American you're a racist, you were brought up in the beginning to think in generalizations." Youtube it, funny as heck but watch out for the language.

LOL... Shelby, I wasn't replying to you. I quoted the other guy's post.

So this stereotype latched on to Latino immigrants, that we are somehow different than "Americans" and that we don't have the same values, is BS.

Whaaaat?! Your people also have the same values as [the majority] of Americans?? Suing everyone you can as a cop out for your own mistakes?? Having the government think for you?? Greed?? Selfishness?? Lack of respect for others??

I have to point out that was sarcasm, so a certain few won't get upset.. lol.

The reality is the few bad apples give the rest a bad name.

-Robert

If someone makes less than $30k, he/she is still an American and counted as 1 vote not 1/2 or 2/3. People of all ethnicity are in the low income bracket these days; I see this more in Florida more than I did in NYC.

I don't think President Obama won that election because of promises to low income families, he won it because of Governor Romney's remarks about the 47%. We'll have to wait and see what President Obama does in the long run. Needless to say, it would be almost impossible for any president, Dem/Rep, to drastically improve the state of the economy in a 4 year period, given the current crisis.

Edited by DieHARDmitsu.

It's pretty simple. The voters that Obama needed voted (Those making under $30,000 a year) He promised them the world in entitlements. Lets see if he keeps his promise ;)

OHHHHH please do enlighten me of these "world" of entitlements.

you right wingers are reaching so far for a scapegoat. when the reality is:

people didn't like Romney

his political views are antiquated

his economic policy is make-believe

his social views are from a world that hasn't existed in 60 years

romney lost the women's vote

he lost the educated vote

he lost the non-white vote

he lost the youth vote

I could probably go on, but I have a feeling you won't accept my statements as valid.

America has been built and populated by immigrants since day one. the italians, the irish, africans, mexicans, chinese, and every possible combination imaginable. The middle class comes in all colors and shapes and choices and whatever else you want to call it.

america IS a country of change, so when the "white" start freaking out because america is being 'less white' it's really just latent racism and bigotry showing it's ugly face.

yep so unlesss your nameis some thing like 'falling down dog' your most likely an imigrant ;)

even me althu my mothers ancesters have been trace'd all the way back to the group that land'd at phymouth rock ,

my fathers side hell i don't even know him so who knows :)

yep so unlesss your nameis some thing like 'falling down dog' your most likely an imigrant ;)

for real.

and, even if you consider the original colonies, those people were made in a large part by british/dutch etc who were too crazy and too religious for their own country, and opted to move over here to be exploited by the British Industrialists who saw a great deal of money to be made from this continent.