Front Air Dam Feeler

NikoFab

I would be in for at least one, again depending on price. Also I have a fed ex acount where I get a 20%disount on all ground shipments. When you have the weight and dementions of the box let me know and I will check my price to see if it is lower. Would obviously need to know the shipping from and to so we are comparing exact shipping qoutes.

Gentlemen,

Been pounding the phones and doing research...and there IS a chance that I can do these for a decent price. What I'm trying to lock down is how many would need to be purchased in order to determine exactly what that "decent" price will be. Obviously the more units purchased, the better I can do on cost. So what I really need to know from you guys is...how many of you would be interested in one of these. Leave cost out of the equation for the moment...I'm gauging just pure interest.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick,

Im sure if these get produced they will sell. Ive gone one NIB airdam that I scored about a year or 2 ago, so I dont have an immediate need. However, the supply of both new and used OEM airdams is drying up. As time goes on they are going to be costlier and harder to find. I have no clue how much of your money you would need to tie up into this project to get it off the ground, but i would think there are plenty of people who would be willing to pay 400 plus shipping (or maybe even more) for a legit factory reproduction piece. I know if I needed one, I would be game for it.

There are a lot of people who own these cars that arent on SQC, Id think you might have good luck on Ebay with them as well. I hope this is able to get off the ground. If it isnt cost effective now, I think it could definitely be in a few years, as airdams dont just grow on trees ;)

Nick,

Im sure if these get produced they will sell. Ive gone one NIB airdam that I scored about a year or 2 ago, so I dont have an immediate need. However, the supply of both new and used OEM airdams is drying up. As time goes on they are going to be costlier and harder to find. I have no clue how much of your money you would need to tie up into this project to get it off the ground, but i would think there are plenty of people who would be willing to pay 400 plus shipping (or maybe even more) for a legit factory reproduction piece. I know if I needed one, I would be game for it.

There are a lot of people who own these cars that arent on SQC, Id think you might have good luck on Ebay with them as well. I hope this is able to get off the ground. If it isnt cost effective now, I think it could definitely be in a few years, as airdams dont just grow on trees ;)

Hey Phil,

I really appreciate the feedback...I was actually thinking about reaching outside of SQC too. I'm not looking to make a quick buck here...I'm trying to look long-term and provide our community with what is a true need/want...so your long-term referent is refreshing to hear. I just have to make sure I don't kill myself financially in the short run by doing it!

Cheers,

Nick

Hey Phil,

I'm not looking to make a quick buck here...I'm trying to look long-term and provide our community with what is a true need/want...so your long-term referent is refreshing to hear. I just have to make sure I don't kill myself financially in the short run by doing it!

Now there is a man who really gives a damn, and knows what it takes to follow through!!!

We're not worthy Sir! ;)

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/n8tallica1/notworthy-gif.gif

-N8

Niko, I'll take a chance, add me to the interested list for 1 and lets get to a "guesstimate" on price on the urethane 1-pc. unit. I'll go out on a limb and trust you'll deliver what you're paid for, after these are made. W.

I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS GOOD MITISUBISHI PART 30 % off JOMER @ FRED BEANS.COM 1-872-6600 X1290 88-89 OEM AIR DAM 325.00........ 55.00 PLUS SHIPPING GOT THIS INFO 6MONTHS AGO ON THIS SITE.400.00 ISNT A BAD DEAL........... A NEW 3 PIECE ONE IN 2005 AT THE DEALER WAS 97.00 A PIECE FOR THE SIDES AND 350.00 FOR THE CENTER PIECE...

Now there is a man who really gives a damn, and knows what it takes to follow through!!!

We're not worthy Sir! ;)

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/n8tallica1/notworthy-gif.gif

-N8

Hey N8,

Ain't worth doing if it ain't done right!

Nick

• Like 1

Niko, I'll take a chance, add me to the interested list for 1 and lets get to a "guesstimate" on price on the urethane 1-pc. unit. I'll go out on a limb and trust you'll deliver what you're paid for, after these are made. W.

Hey Wolf,

I appreciate it! Going to be getting you guys a price point just as soon as I can.

Nick

I won't have money until next march, but if you could get them for $500 or less, I'll be in for at least 1

Hey Vene,

I appreciate it. I'd like to do this for the long-haul...so next Spring or whenever will be just fine. I'm targeting between $300-$400, but who knows what I can put together. Like Robert said...the more interest...the better the price!

Nick

I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS GOOD MITISUBISHI PART 30 % off JOMER @ FRED BEANS.COM 1-872-6600 X1290 88-89 OEM AIR DAM 325.00........ 55.00 PLUS SHIPPING GOT THIS INFO 6MONTHS AGO ON THIS SITE.400.00 ISNT A BAD DEAL........... A NEW 3 PIECE ONE IN 2005 AT THE DEALER WAS 97.00 A PIECE FOR THE SIDES AND 350.00 FOR THE CENTER PIECE...

Mark,

Appreciate the reference in the numbers...definitely helps provide perspective and directive.

Nick

As well they should be light wight than the stock one

Weight is definitely an issue, but from what I'm hearing, not so much as cost. CF and FRP certainly solve the weight issue, but not the reliability issue. Urethane by nature is going to be heavier than the other two, but is not going to splinter when a pebble pops up off the freeway.

As well they should be light wight than the stock one

dont run one, or get a fiberglass one, problem solved lol

we want something that will last, id rather something that will last longer than a month or so, and weigh 1lb more, than take a "lightweight" one and worry about everything

dont run one, or get a fiberglass one, problem solved lol

we want something that will last, id rather something that will last longer than a month or so, and weigh 1lb more, than take a "lightweight" one and worry about everything

That's the general consensus I'm getting...reliability (material) before weight.

Definately better material > weight saving.

X2 , iv'e had both urethane and fiberglass in the past , weight is not the issue , long lasting quality with the ease of repair should be the priority here , urethane is way light enough anyway , it's not like your strapping a block of concrete to your front bumper , making/buying a cheap fiberglass version is false economy , it's going to get broken and easily , buy quality one time and be done with it ! :)

That's the general consensus I'm getting...reliability (material) before weight.

Absolutely Nick... not sure I even understand the "weight saving" perspective?... even a few, several pounds. Are those trying to knock off a tenth down the strip? The air dam is one of those parts that receives some of the tuffest wear conditions, IMHO: stay w/ the urethane & the duribility of it. Thanx for bring'n this to us Nick, :)

X2 , iv'e had both urethane and fiberglass in the past , weight is not the issue , long lasting quality with the ease of repair should be the priority here , urethane is way light enough anyway , it's not like your strapping a block of concrete to your front bumper , making/buying a cheap fiberglass version is false economy , it's going to get broken and easily , buy quality one time and be done with it ! :)

False economy...great term Scotty. Why save a few bucks on the front end...only to spend more money on the back end?!!