My 2jz build experience

Confuzd

I did recieve my trans about a month ago. I thought I had posted a pic of it here. I've been super busy with work. I should have time to start putting this thing together after this week. I have a pile of parts at home waiting on me.,..lol. So ready to get this thing going.....

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/nucLearhemi/photo1-2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, Im looking at clutches now and wanted to get you guys input. What is the best clutch I can go with right now? Im not looking to make 750 hp right now but want the clutch to be able to handle other mods I throw on the motor later on.

Is any of the driftmotion clutches any count??

I went with Competition Clutch Stage 4. Obviously my car is down and I probably won't be driving it for a couple of months. They have really good reviews. Cheapest I found was at nopi.com. $496.XX I'm in the state so I had to pay tax total was $532. No one really close to that price for the clutch except Spec and I wouldn't put a Spec on my lawn mower. Anyways...Just sharing.

My car is going to be down for a while too. Im taking my time with it. Plus work has been crazy lately. Im finally back on 40 hrs a week. So that helps. Im going to check out NOPI. I agree with you on the SPEC..... Thanks BOHO...

• 2 months later...
Suprastore.com took forever to get me my turbo. Finally got it about 2 weeks ago. Im working 6/12's here at work again so time is limited. I have oil feed and return lines coming from driftmotion. Along with a t4 gasket and intercooler piping with couplers. I have a pile of parts sitting around the car...lol. No time to put it all together right now. I should get started again here in a couple weeks when I get back on a regular 40hr schedule. All I really lack parts wise is a intercooler and getting a shaft made for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got some stuff done to the car yesterday. Replaced the rear seal, installed the flywheel, and clutch. After that the motor was ready to get set into place. The mounts worked perfect, thanks Matt.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/nucLearhemi/2cb11c043863fff3a3eb1175b4599193_zps7384d818.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/nucLearhemi/876d516b3f825af12b9a9b1e045c9093_zpsfc7cc042.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/nucLearhemi/2282e57297073d5d9b21e7ec73052603_zpsd231b58d.jpg

Spent the day yesterday getting the trans tunnel ready for the trans. I used a 8 ton bottle jack to push everything back. Worked pretty damn good. I did cut a small spot out that was hitting on the top. After doing all that I realized I messed up on my pressure plate. I was thinking the hub assembly and all that mess was just put onto the input shaft of the trans. After looking at it closer and researching it, that isnt the case at all. So this Friday I have to pull that back off and redo that.

Spent the day yesterday getting the trans tunnel ready for the trans. I used a 8 ton bottle jack to push everything back. Worked pretty damn good. I did cut a small spot out that was hitting on the top. After doing all that I realized I messed up on my pressure plate. I was thinking the hub assembly and all that mess was just put onto the input shaft of the trans. After looking at it closer and researching it, that isnt the case at all. So this Friday I have to pull that back off and redo that.

What do you mean?? The throw out bearing pressure plate and clutch disk all go onto the input shaft first...then you put the shifter fork in...then you put the tranny up to the engine/flywheel and bolt it on through the little access windows on the sides of the bellhousing....or did you mean something else?

What do you mean?? The throw out bearing pressure plate and clutch disk all go onto the input shaft first...then you put the shifter fork in...then you put the tranny up to the engine/flywheel and bolt it on through the little access windows on the sides of the bellhousing....or did you mean something else?

I put the flyweel on and went ahead and bolted on the pressure plate with clutch disc. After looking what I did, I realized that was wrong. I guess putting the bolts on the pressure plate from the little windows in the trans is going to be a PITA. I see why these guys are cutting the radiator support now and installing it all as one unit. I'll get back to messing with this thing on Friday.

I'll pull the clutch this Friday and redo that. I get to excited sometimes and just start throwing things together...lol. Hopefully it won't be a PITA with the engine still in the car.

I got the pressure plate issue worked out. I now have everything assembled correctly. The trans is connected to the motor. Putting the bolts on the pressure plate through the windows wasn't to bad. I opened up the hole in the fire wall a little and the wiring slid right through it. I'm still waiting on a inter cooler. My birthday is the 1st of June. Got a hunch I maybe getting that for a gift...lol. I started looking at my wiring and I'm a bit confused about the wires that run under the cam gear cover. The ones to the left as your looking at the motor. The ones to the right run to the coil packs. I would post a pic but my iPad won't let me. Are these wires even used??? They are both 2 prong connections.

You're in the same place I'm in right now. Hopefully you don't beat me on finishing the swap lol. I know past the coil plugs you'll def need one of the factory o2 sensor plug and one of the coolant plugs for the ecu. One is for the servo on the stock twins, then the ignitor of course. I'm still working on this exact section.

Here is the wiring I was talking about. Where do these fools go...

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/nucLearhemi/photo_zpseb658885.jpg

Also having a hard time figuring out where these things go.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/nucLearhemi/image_zps10892f16.jpeg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/nucLearhemi/image_zpsd0ca8872.jpeg

The first ones I think are for automatic trans, Not sure on the others but I don't have them hooked up either. They are just tied off. My car also isn't running yet so I may not be the best reference.

Well I think they have something to do witht the stock twins. That's what Im thinking anyways with all the stuff I've looked at online....lol. These other ones I'm still puzzled about. Still looking though.