Show Car for sale must see!

Carl

Randy owned this car, spent way too much money on it, sold it to Tony who spent way too much time on it, sold it to me & I've had it sitting in my garage for a few years now. I take it out on the road once a week. Its insured with American Collectors car insurance. Appraised at $16,000 It has been featured in several magazines back when it was actively being shown.

I have a complete build sheet for those of you who are serious buyers.

feel free to email me at carl@caluniforms.com or reply to this post.

post-25346-0-62852400-1350890752_thumb.jpg

post-25346-0-44241400-1350890754_thumb.jpg

post-25346-0-27598600-1350890756_thumb.jpg

post-25346-0-52784600-1350890757_thumb.jpg

Nice car. It looks eactly like Starions looked back in the mid 90's, looking at the TEP parts and the stance. GLWS, I don't know about the price as appraised, that's a pipe dream but I hope somebody enjoys this.

I would love to come across a copy of TURBO MAGAZINE of July-August (maybe December) 1997, which had a complete article about this car. That's where all began for me and Starquests.....

I remember the owner at the time had this one and a white automatic...

That's when I decided to bring the first conquest I owned (at the time) to look like this!.....that's was actually the first time I saw an 83 hood and I thought it looked spectacular!!!

Edited by dmdvzla
  • Like 1

Surely the ask'n price is not 16K... I don't think that's it? Just the appraised value, is what is being stated. If my ole memory serves me :blink: , not long ago it was listed for 12K+

• 3 weeks later...

You have a good memory! The asking price is $12K

If someone wants to buy a car for $5K, they really don't want a Starion at least not like this one!

Its in excellent condition.

If someone gave me a serious offer I'd consider it.

You have a good memory! The asking price is $12K

If someone wants to buy a car for $5K, they really don't want a Starion at least not like this one!

Its in excellent condition.

If someone gave me a serious offer I'd consider it.

Thanx Carl... sometimes... "I sur prize myself." Shame you are on the opposite side of the country, I would like to see the car up close, not to mention "transport costs." :)

Uh....what makes this car worth 16K appraised? It looks pretty stock as far as the motor goes, it has a cage in it.....big deal.

Not trying to be a jerk, but what exactly makes it so special when KBB lists our cars in excellent condition as being what, 3500 the last time I looked a few years ago. Is it ridiculous low miles making it special in that regard, but then again, it has a cage in it, the trunk is altered, aftermarket rims etc........I just don't get it.

Uh....what makes this car worth 16K appraised? It looks pretty stock as far as the motor goes, it has a cage in it.....big deal.

Not trying to be a jerk, but what exactly makes it so special when KBB lists our cars in excellent condition as being what, 3500 the last time I looked a few years ago. Is it ridiculous low miles making it special in that regard, but then again, it has a cage in it, the trunk is altered, aftermarket rims etc........I just don't get it.

As always... a car is only worth... what someone is willing to pay for it! ;)

Perhaps... the spotlight of the magazine article /featured, builder, promo/GoodYear? It is tastefully done. But again, to whos "taste?" Time will tell :)

For someone who wanted to see the car inside & out, I could facebook VIDEO chat with you & take my laptop to the garage. I could walk you around the entire car inside & out.

If you wanted to friend me on facebook, you could look me up by my email address carl@latindancesd.com

I'm not saying anyone will ever give me $16K for this, but to the fair question of what makes this car worth more then $3,500:

1) The engine, as you know, has just been rebuilt as far out as I could take it. The engine cost me $5K to custom build & has less then 15K miles on it.

JE Forged racing pistons / engine bored over 30, Stage 2 racing cam, decked the block, swirl polished three way angle cut valves.

2) The turbo is not stock, its 16 pounds of boost. The inner cooler has been upgraded along with the radiator.

3) The stero system is complete with 3 amps, 1 TV monitor, 1 Eqalizer, (2) 12 inch subs, 8 speakers in the front of the car, etc. That cost me more then $2,000

4) Other things like boost control inside above MoMo steering wheel, upgraded fuel pump w/ fuel pressure guage, chromed calipers, cross drilled slotted rotors.

5) The transmission was just rebuilt not more then 9 months ago. The new trans has less then 4K miles on it as I only drive this car once (maybe twice) a week. The list of things done to this car go on & on, again, a build sheet would be provided for people seriously considering the purchase of this car.

I do appreciate all the comments on this post, thank you so much for taking the time.

I would love to come across a copy of TURBO MAGAZINE of July-August (maybe December) 1997, which had a complete article about this car. That's where all began for me and Starquests.....

I remember the owner at the time had this one and a white automatic...

That's when I decided to bring the first conquest I owned (at the time) to look like this!.....that's was actually the first time I saw an 83 hood and I thought it looked spectacular!!!

i have that magazine

You'll get nothing but low ballers here because modifications don't count when you come up with a price. You will get fair market value for the car as a whole, and the market is the users of this website, and they don't care much for mods. Start thinking of your bottom line price. Bring it to an auction with a reserve price of 12K.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that a starion untouched with very low virgin miles with everything oem including paint is worth 12k but not a car that has been modded n what not. Like everyone here says mods dont count, my starion is still a virgin if i want it to be i kept all the oem parts intact and i did all my modifications without touching any factory sheet metal or cutting any wires. I still got the oem rims with the factory tires on them. Im not trying to knock the car it looks interesting but knowone on this forum i believe is gunna put 12k into a built car. Its kinda like a guy that has a mint 70 chevelle ss with a factory matching number 396 and a 70 chevelle ss with a built 396 supercharged 750hp ladder bars gutted interior race tranny etc selling for the same price. I think many ppl would pick the bone stock one over the race ready one since it hasnt been rap*d. Point is well never get even half the money we put into our cars sadly. Technologys got a point tho put it up on auction with the reserve youd like. You never know whos out there.

anyways sorry if you feel like im knockin you just the way i look at it:) good luck