Engine stand arms are not long enough! What can I do?

Starion871

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot wasn't sure were to post a question like this.

Here is my problem, I am trying to put my g54b on a engine stand. I can get the top 2 arms to go in place but the bottom bellhousing inserts are about under a inch out of range of the arm.

What can I do? Iv looked for individual arms and heard there are extensions for them but no clue were to find them!

My current arms are 5 1/4" I belive a 6" arm would be nessecary.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot wasn't sure were to post a question like this.

Here is my problem, I am trying to put my g54b on a engine stand. I can get the top 2 arms to go in place but the bottom bellhousing inserts are about under a inch out of range of the arm.

What can I do? Iv looked for individual arms and heard there are extensions for them but no clue were to find them!

My current arms are 5 1/4" I belive a 6" arm would be nessecary.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks,

sounds like your puting it on the mount upside down, only way it wont line up

Ill try flipping it around I dont see how it would change anything it seems symetical and even arms all the way around. The engine stand is horizontal not vertical if thats what you mean by upside down.

Could you find a picture of this so I can see what your talking about Vbrad?

Ill try flipping it around I dont see how it would change anything it seems symetical and even arms all the way around. The engine stand is horizontal not vertical if thats what you mean by upside down.

Could you find a picture of this so I can see what your talking about Vbrad?

you do have a normal stand right?

http://nissannut.com/maintenance/vg33e_upgrade/engine_stand/engine_stand1.jpg

Not all stands are created equal... lol... one we had to grind off the main plate for clearance to get the top two bolts mounted.

-Robert

true, well, i got 5 good stands here that all bolt up lol, now if only i could figure out where the heck i put those bolts