auto tranny parts

Big John

ok so my auto tranny in my mighty max went south and i took it to a friend of mine who owns a transmission shop to have it built. after we tore it down all the clutches and bands were shot so we ordered them no problem BUTT the main drum is groved and thats where the PROBLEM starts. it seams this part is not available so now i am at a stand still with a box of parts to a trans that i can't put back together. any suggestions or help would be great thanks john

Hey john you are in luck my friend,buddy of mine just spent $1,800 to have his auto complete rebuild and long story short in a day or 2 i will get you part number or were the shop got the part stand by.

Ps if ya find something let me know,to say me some running

i found out that the first drum in the tranny is the od drum the second is the direct drive drum (the one i need) and the third is the low gear drum. funny thing is the parts distributor say that the drum is not available and these tranny's were also used in mazdas.

Hey pdawg if John doesn't need that OD drum can I get it?

I'm getting ready to get a tranny rebuilt so it would

be good to have an extra.

Unfortunately the drums are not wholly uniform accross the different car models. I wish I had the space to buy some of the different variants and play around with them partswise. The are differences based off of how it was made to be packed and the different shafts.

The stoutest version of the L4n71b was actually in the 300zx.