BOV pissing me off....

mistapickles

I'm having a problem with my BOV, when I drift a corner and throttle the gas to keep it around 5300 rpms when I let off the gas a little the BOV lets loose and I loose power for a second the tires hook up, the car wants to straighten out, then when I press the gas the power comes on hard and kicks the back end out, this'll happen twice a second as I keep the rpms steady. It's a PITA and hard to control. I already have five washers in my BOV already. What are you guys doing to keep your BOV from activating while drifting?

Either that or go to the local hardware store and buy a stiffer spring. Mine did the same thing, was going off at 3 lbs of boost, driving me nuts. Tried pulling the spring out and stretching it back out but it was tired, finally gave up and hunted a new spring down. Time for a new spring.

Just curious if you are using an turbo xs bov style

If you are especially if it is a cheaper one. They tend to leak bad on the valve side (vac side). Mine seals fine on the side going into IC pipes but leaks past the valve (bad construction)

I am with chad on this one

I have a Turbo XS and the reason it has five washers in it is because the stupid thing would go off at the slightest modulation of the gas pedal...I used to live in cop central, can't have BOVs bustin in every gear...SOOOOO ultimately what you guys are saying is step up into a grown man BOV?

heavier spring like said before or put some quarters in there. if you are not running a map sensor then you should not have a vented bov.

It should recirculated like the original hks bypass.