Price Advice on starion tail lights and 83 hood

what are good prices for both in good/great condition? i know they are rare® and should pay what i feel they are worth....but i still don't want to over pay for something i may be able to get somewhere else for cheaper..... Looking for a quick response as i'm communicating with a guy right now :P

and thanks in advance :)

Edited by Walker

Buy a flatsider starion with the taillights, take them and put conquest lights on it and flip it to someone else and not pay a dime for them. 83 hoods are over rated, they rot from the inside out at the leading edge, the scoop is fake and the vents let water dump into the engine bay. If you want a scooped hood, take a saw and cut the seam on a stock hood about 3/4 of the way back towards the front, cut across to the other seam and back. Lift that up and put a real scoop in the front some generic one. You can even get the scoop and its easier to get from the UK or AU, even Germany but forget those stupid vents.

thanks for the replies guys :)

guy wants 450 for the tailights and 850 for the hood....it's a bit steep but they are within a 2 hour drive of me....so the shipping costs would be offset a little

i go look at them monday and will see if i can't get hm to budge a little

Buy a flatsider starion with the taillights, take them and put conquest lights on it and flip it to someone else and not pay a dime for them. 83 hoods are over rated, they rot from the inside out at the leading edge, the scoop is fake and the vents let water dump into the engine bay. If you want a scooped hood, take a saw and cut the seam on a stock hood about 3/4 of the way back towards the front, cut across to the other seam and back. Lift that up and put a real scoop in the front some generic one. You can even get the scoop and its easier to get from the UK or AU, even Germany but forget those stupid vents.

hmm i did not know this...i may pass on the hood then...even tho it looks sweet

i found this guy on craigslist ....didn't know i could search for quest parts on FB :P

it is the same guy on facebook and those are 83 tails not typical starion tails and he is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced for hes stuff

For $450 dollars I will sell you my starion tail lights, that's crazy. Instead of paying that for tail lights take that money and put it into the engine where it counts. And $850 dollars for an 83 hood is downright ridiculous, and I thought the guy who offered me $500 for my vented 280z hood was crazy.

For $450 dollars I will sell you my starion tail lights, that's crazy. Instead of paying that for tail lights take that money and put it into the engine where it counts. And $850 dollars for an 83 hood is downright ridiculous, and I thought the guy who offered me $500 for my vented 280z hood was crazy.

money for tail lights won't affect the money for the engine or anything else :) ....i expect to pay upward of $20k+ for the complete resto so a little thrown at aesthetics is ok for me as long as i feel im not being taken....fortunately you good people have shown me that his prices are a bit high so i will pass on his stuff :)

They are worth what you are willing to pay. I have several sets of 83 tails and have paid from less than $100 for a set that has some damage to around $400 for a mint euro set shipped from australia. I also paid higher than usual prices for one if my 83 hoods, the other just fell in my lap for way cheap. If you go look at the parts and they are mint. I dont feel like you would be over paying at $900-$1000 for all of it. I love 83 hoods and tails btw, and you can make them functional very easily.

BC_99