Picked up a little home protection...

conquestTSIguy

I agree Cal! You have to make sure your lady has the tools to protect herself when you're not there. You are doing her such a huge service by teaching her to use a gun.

We're currently shopping for a concealed carry weapon for my wife. I was going to get her an auto, but she likes the simplicity of a revolver, surprised me. With her high profile job, plus traveling extensively....and putting away baddies, she needs the skills and means for protection as well.

Turborusty

I agree Cal! You have to make sure your lady has the tools to protect herself when you're not there. You are doing her such a huge service by teaching her to use a gun.

We're currently shopping for a concealed carry weapon for my wife. I was going to get her an auto, but she likes the simplicity of a revolver, surprised me. With her high profile job, plus traveling extensively....and putting away baddies, she needs the skills and means for protection as well.

Turborusty

I fully agree. Not just men, but women need to learn firearms basics also. What if a intruder shot or stabbed your husband, and it was up to you to stop them? Could you, as his wife do it? That is why I taught my wife how to shoot her firearm and how to load it. Both her and I have been to outdoor and indoor ranges. I spent a lot of that time teaching her how to operate her firearm and shoot with accuracy. When it actually comes down to having to shoot someone.....No one knows. You can only give a person the skills to be able to operate the firearm properly. What they do from there....Is up to them, and what the particular situation calls for.What the Feds don't publish is this: Most home invasions are done by more than one person. So now, you as a homeowner not only have to deal with one intruder, you have to deal with two or more.It is a scary situation to deal with. But it does happen. So, be prepared. Remember this!!!! The Police or Sheriff might be 20 to 30 minutes away from your home. What you have prepared for in protecting yourself and your family, might save yours,and their lives. ;)

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

I fully agree. Not just men, but women need to learn firearms basics also. What if a intruder shot or stabbed your husband, and it was up to you to stop them? Could you, as his wife do it? That is why I taught my wife how to shoot her firearm and how to load it. Both her and I have been to outdoor and indoor ranges. I spent a lot of that time teaching her how to operate her firearm and shoot with accuracy. When it actually comes down to having to shoot someone.....No one knows. You can only give a person the skills to be able to operate the firearm properly. What they do from there....Is up to them, and what the particular situation calls for.What the Feds don't publish is this: Most home invasions are done by more than one person. So now, you as a homeowner not only have to deal with one intruder, you have to deal with two or more.It is a scary situation to deal with. But it does happen. So, be prepared. Remember this!!!! The Police or Sheriff might be 20 to 30 minutes away from your home. What you have prepared for in protecting yourself might save your life. ;) Bill

100% agreed!

I like your insight on this!

Turborusty

Not trying to act like a "know it all" but, I lived in Southern California during the Rodney King beating, the trial of the police officers and the riots that ensued. I saw buses of Police Officers being transported on the freeway down to South central Los Angeles. Even saw on the News broadcasts of people shooting at the Foothill Division police department, which was sand bagged and Police snipers were on the roof and this was 5 miles from my house. So, Who is going to protect the population of L.A.? No one. The Police were concentrated in the southern part of L.A. where the rioting was going on. I lived in the San Fernando Valley near the Foothill Division Police Department. No police protection what so ever. So, in a situation like this: Who can you call on if you need help? Absolutely no one. We, in the San Fernando Valley could not count on the police for protection. So, I personally drove 26 miles to work through part of a community that was predominately black (Pacoima) that was rioting, decided to carry in the back seat of my car a AK-47 assault rifle. (self- preservation). I never had to use it, but I felt safer with it in my backseat. See how fast you can be put in a harmful situation not of your making.If you have never experienced something like this, you cannot give a viable opinion about it.

P.S. When supposedly rational human beings start shooting at a Police Station with utter disregard for killing Police or others. That is the time to try and protect yourself. Guns or no guns, I'd rather have one to protect myself and my wife from someone who doesn't really care about who they shoot, or where the bullets go.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Yea, but the whole point is to not even fire a shot. Once they hear you rack in a round, they might think twice :) and I actually bought this for my wife for when I'm out of town working. I've really wanted a pistol grip tactical style shotgun for her for a while and saw this today in a sporting goods store while I was doing their inventory for a really good price.

My favorite comedian has a shotgun for home defense with one blank, one rocksalt, and the rest live rounds. First round loud, second round painful third round? In America it's three strikes and your out!

Keith

Edited by Threedoor

The law states that if someone were to enter your home, you are to go to the back corner of your home and hide. If said intruder should enter your dwelling to the point of no escape, you are to use any means necessary to protect yourself.

Is that Arizona state law? You have to be careful with statements like that because it varies from state to state.

Keith

My favorite comedian has a shotgun for home defense with one blank, one rocksalt, and the rest live rounds. First round loud, second round painful third round? In America it's three strikes and your out!

Keith

I disagree with that, if I pull the trigger I want to to stop the person and I've made my call. I don't want them running off thinking I'm a bad shot. And rock salt is no good, I don't want them tell their side of the story, charge me with assault with a weapon and possibly paint me as someone who would use a deadly weapon to mess with people. Nope, if I pull the trigger the decision is made. Chest, chest, chest with live rounds and then re-tails the situation.

Keith

I disagree with that, if I pull the trigger I want to to stop the person and I've made my call. I don't want them running off thinking I'm a bad shot. And rock salt is no good, I don't want them tell their side of the story, charge me with assault with a weapon and possibly paint me as someone who would use a deadly weapon to mess with people. Nope, if I pull the trigger the decision is made. Chest, chest, chest with live rounds and then re-tails the situation.

There are many states where the laws are a little messed up. For example you shoot and intruder and kill in self defense you are ok. BUT if you just wound them they can turn around and sue you for assaulting them and win. On rare occasions you can be charged with assault or even attempted murder if the intruders side of the story convincingly makes it seem like you had other options or had no reason to fear for your life. It seems wrong but there have been cases of people getting sued or arrested after defending themselves against intruders.