New car

Drwojo

I have been itching for a C5 Z06 for a while now. I decided to go another route. I got the same motor, just in a different chassis. Went with a 2005 Cadillac CTS-V. Love the looks and performance of these and never realized what you could get one for. If anyone feels like doing a little photoshoping for me I would really love to see what it would look like with gold/bronze and gunmetal wheels. IMO it has similar lines of a Starquest. Just gobs of power all over the place.

This is in no way replacing my Starion. Just a comftorable DD that is a GM (work friendly). Also the old lady won't be embarassed at family events with side exhaust anymore.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t168/food28/IMG_0972.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t168/food28/IMG_0971.jpg

That's beautiful!

I think I'd love to have one for a DD.......if the interior didn't resemble contemporary architecture.

I like to feel like I'm still in a car.

Dunno what was up with the 6-lug wheels either...severely limits choices, and the strength was not needed.

Turborusty

Edited by Turborusty

Just got home. Love it. It does need some work. Rear diff mount is absolute garbage. The diffs themselves are not that great either although mine is silent. Already ordered new diff bushings. The miss loves it as well. Can't wait to take it to a drift event.........

Thanks guys. So after a while in it today found all the good and bad.

Good.

Power everywhere. All RPM's put it down very nicely. Not to mention power everything.

SAT NAV.

Comfy as all can be. Heated seats. Climate control. All that jazz.

Steering is incredible. Maybe just from going from a steering box to rack and pinion. Super planted with nice feel to it.

It's the right color.

Handles well in the snow

Bad.

This may sound trivial, but it has no telescoping steering wheel. I am not tall tall, at 6'1". I need to be a little ways away from the pedals but want the wheel to come out for comfort. I solved this in the starion by getting a dished steering wheel. Don't really want to remove any airbags in the DD.

There are a TON of buttons on the radio/nav. It gets a little annoying going through all the menus while trying to drive. I don't have the patience to stare at the radio instead of the bloody road.

Axle wrap/wheel hop. It has IRS and soft bushings. It is a very common problem. After a few pulls in it I know when it is going to start although I would like to just blow up the tires. It is a $300 fix. Already ordered the necessary bushings.

SAT NAV is a 2005 setup

Can't really think of much more right now.

Nice dude! We need to race.

I am 1000lbs heavier than you. Plus this thing hates going straight. I will probably take it to Clio if the Starion is being worked on. It LOVES to slide.

You need the Corsa Sport Exhaust for that beast

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Corsa-2-5-Sport-Exhaust-04-08-Cadillac-CTS-V-5-7L-6-0L-14155-/190588017416?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c5fee5b08

I put the sport version on my Escalade "V" (haha, just kidding), and it is sweet.