20 inch rims fit my conquest

woah. You're car is the first starquest I've had ever seen. I remember that picture from the craigslist ad crystal clear!

as far as 20"....anything is possible, but are pretty big for our cars and I've only seen 2 sets of 19"s, one australian and then justpaus whos car was slammed.

-Justin

OKKK I am one of the First guys to say a car needs bigger wheels!.. My daily driver is a Denali on 26's!(just for summer) But 20's on a starion is WAYYYYY to BIG!!! I live in WI. I Drove in to a local car wash a couple years back and saw What i think were 20" spokes on a starion! I was laughing my tail off cause it look awfull! Dont ruin our cars! 20's r way to big!! 19's on the starquest r way big enuf! any bigger u r going to be A Donk starion!

My 26 cents! :ph34r:

As long as the tires you put on those 20s have a outside diameter less than 26.5-27 inches they will fit and the fronts will turn lock to lock depending on how low go. If I recall correctly stock tire height is 25.7 inches, so you wont be able to get as low as on stock (os smaller) tires.

Offset is a whole different conversation. The target for the rear is around zero offset. So if those rears are +25 you will need a 25mm (1 inch) bolt on spacer. The target for the front is around +18. If the fronts are +25 you will need a 7mm slip on spacer. These are just what I ran with similar width muxtang rims and were just about flush. Not hella flush. Adjust your stance to your taste

Edited by nomad

Yeah, remember these cars aren't too big. About 10-15 years ago, when spinners and 18" rims were all the hype, they looked massive on any car. Now they make mini's, the size of a 80's caravan, so with cars being a lot bigger, the 20" rims are suitable because of the size of the wheel wells. A 20" rim on these cars just ain't right. Just like an 18" rim looks stupid and giant on a old beetle. Each car has a size to where the wheel fills the wells just right. 20" rims are just too big.

The key to rim/tire combo of the gods is to make the contour curve of the wheel well and tire/Rim be almost the same. It depends on ride height. If your wheel well has the curve of a circle that measures 18" in diameter, your rim should not be over 18" or else it will look funny. It would probably have to be a 16" rim with low profile tired to give that extra inch. Lower the car to the point that you have about 1" gap between fenders and the fenders. I'm attaching a pic so you get what I'm trying to explain. I'm not sure if I'm doing a good job at that. Lol.

http://pbckt.com/pU.ubuoyo

http://pbckt.com/pU.ubunds

See the donk effect??

It all depends on what car it is. That's why some people can pull off a look better than others. Imagine the deep dish rims on a slammed Benz. Now imagine that on a quest. Just doesn't flow right because the wheel wells arent the same.

I think 18's are about as big as you should go. But it's your car. If you go with 18's then you can get tires that fit newer bmw's. That will put the speedo really close. Maybe 2 mph off at the most. Just because a wheel looks good doesn't mean it will look good on a car.

• 1 month later...

You can go here and figure you tire sizes for any size rim to keep it in acceptable limits for speedometer and that. It will clearly tell you if you go to far over or under as you enter you stock size in there.

http://www.1010tires...ecalculator.asp

Based on my calculations I am going to eventually go:

- 18"x 8" with 215/40R18 Front Tires

- 18"x 10" with 285/30R18 Rears Tires

However, I dont know how wide a rim you can put on the corners to begin with. The fronts I am fine with, but if I can go wider on the rear without fender modifications I will.

Edited by Skippy

• 6 months later...
I'm running 18" X 8" and 9.5". Same offset and bolt pattern as newer mustangs. was cheaper than buying used stock rims. pictures n info in my gallery. car still has stock suspention.