Three potential tire choices.... what would you go with?

I am planning to run 225/50/16's at all 4 corners on my 84 flatty using SHP fronts and regular rears from wide body cars on a 5 lug conversion setup, and I have been researching tires a bit. I am looking for summer high performance street tires good in both wet and dry conditions.

Three options I have narrowed it down to are:

Continental ExtremeContact DW

BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW

Bridgestone Potenza S02

I have not personally used any of these tires on my vehicles in the past, so I need any first hand experiance out there from members who have used them.

Thanks,

Keith

I am planning to run 225/50/16's at all 4 corners on my 84 flatty using SHP fronts and regular rears from wide body cars on a 5 lug conversion setup, and I have been researching tires a bit. I am looking for summer high performance street tires good in both wet and dry conditions.

Three options I have narrowed it down to are:

Continental ExtremeContact DW

BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW

Bridgestone Potenza S02

I have not personally used any of these tires on my vehicles in the past, so I need any first hand experiance out there from members who have used them.

Thanks,

Keith

Tire manufacturers have always been competitive,

to keep up with the new technologies that are contiuously being introduced.

The formula for tire use are price longevity and performance but not all of those are going to be consistant and the measurement of those is always going to be subjected to the availability of the specific design or the variance in size

that also is going to give way to evironmental factors ( where you drive or how you drive) and the configuration of the cars alignment and weight distribution.

With that in mind out of those three particular brands I have had good experience with Bridgestone

and have used a Potenza style of design, but I never had the oportunity to use them for more than 5000 miles.

but I liked how they responded and never had doubts about their construction or reliability.

But with the stock 15x7 4 lug rims I had more sidewall height on an 86 LE.

With adj.front camber plates and lowering springs w/ blue tokicos and swapped in widebody (anti) swaybars.

Edited by Metric-man

I don't have any experience with Bridgestones or Continentals but have been considering the BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW's for when i get new tires on my Flatty after researching them. I've bought three sets of BFG's for other vehicals in the last year and have been impressed by them greatly but there not car performance type tires. I have bought 2 other sets of Nexen's the higher grade they make (5000's or 7000's can't remember the number) and have been suprisingly happy with those as well for the price.

Any reason you are not considering the dunlop star specs? These are a great all around tire for performance. I have ran these on my flatty in 205/55/16 trim and they are much better than the potenza pole positions I had before them. Wet grip is almost unmatched by any other tire. Edited by Mix_67

• 2 weeks later...
My buddy Pink swears by potenzas, falken 2nd. He currently runs them on his quest, 2nd set.His other quest that was hit by a minivan driver not looking at road also had a set. I personaly only ran them on a set of rims on my z . didnt have them on long enough for an opinion.

I may be going with the Dunlop Direzza Star Specs. I ordered Dunlop SP Sport MAXX TT tires (there newest max performance tire) from Sears.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=SP+Sport+Maxx+TT

Everywhere else I check with says that tire is not available in 16 inch sizes... only 17 inch or larger. I need to get sears to admit the tires don't exist and order the Star Specs :)

Keith