V8 turbo s10?

ddoner7

I know this is a conquest forum but it has to do with turbos so I figure id ask. Has anyone used the ebay $500 single t3 or t4 turbo kits on a v8 or anything. I was wondering because I heard some good things about them. My s10 is pretty much a stock motor except intake and headers. These kits say u gain about a 100 HP AT ABOUT 8 TO 10PSI. Wanted to know if anyone has used one and had good experiences. I want to put one on my s10 bad. oh also the s10 is standard. thanks

14b would not be big enought for 350 cid,, and dual turbo's can get to be a hand full to plum , why not check into a bolt on super charger , the low end ones don't last for ever but they work and a lot less pluming

Did you forget to read the original post? Never was a 14b mentioned.

OP, sounds like you need to start with something less complicated. Buy a car that already has a turbo and play with that for a while before putting a 500 dollar ebay turbo on a carbed 350.

I got the skills to do it I just need some guidence and help threw the process. I dont want to buy a turbo that is junk. I have a quest so I know some about turbos but not alot. Whats so complicated about puting a turbo on a carbed 350? It seems like it would be less complicated. I know i would have to do some modifiying but I can do that. I had to do some modifications to get the motor in it. Edited by ddoner7

My bad there 2k new. The weiand 142 setup. Ive seen them for sale numerous times for 7-900 used. I havent looked them up in a long time. Still though 2k bolt it on in like 2 hours and go.

My buddy has a carbed 350 turbo s10. Single turbo ran STS style remotely. Turbo location is right behind the transition from cab to bed.

I believe he used a Holset HX35 turbo but I could be wrong. Either way he bought his and the rebuild kit and tools to complete the kit for less than 500. That's the best way you can go about it--start with a good quality turbo and replace the wear items.

http://s512.photobuc...nt=DSCF0316.mp4

That was his first 10.xx run. He ran a 10.4 later that day. Going for 9s on more boost and lightened chassis next year.

Edited by polarisman14

See my post above yours. Most cost-effective way to make it work. Plus you only have to manipulate the exhaust, not change headers etc etc.

Initial setup:

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn390/dagazenterprise/turbo091.jpg

As it sits today:

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn390/dagazenterprise/Cadillac079.jpg

A friend of mine in Fl has a 57 Chevy truck with a junkyard 350 in it with all ebay turbo parts, running twins on a blow through carb setup. I don't know the size, I just know that things retarded and has held up great.

But, he can punch it at 65mph and the 12" drag radials on the back will erupt in smoke.

Oh, did I mention this was a junkyard, $200, 350 :P

if you have any intention on having an old style chevy v8 with forced induction lasting longer than a few months to a year you have to rebuild the engine accordingly best v8 compression for forced induction is if memory serves 10:1 or 11: 1 also gonna want the right cam and need to change all the internals and bearings to handle the stress this rebuild should still remain relativly cheap as i built a 383 strocker for 500 bucks and that was a total rebuild but also if you are running a carb your going to need to get one that is for turbo applications < there is such a thing if you don't the forced induction can blow the fuel back up into the float bowl of the carb i have head you can get around this by running a certain kind of jet in the carb and an electric fuel pump with a regulator but don't quote me on that. as for internals your gonna want to get dished pistons or change the head to change the compression. If you can i would check your local salvage yards for a 4.8 or 5.3 liter chevy v8 and transmission. Trucks on speed tv build a turbo 4.8 v8 with no internal mods just rebuild the heads and changed injectors and tuned the ecu and ran 22lbs of boost and from what they had on the website about it its still running strong and that build is now a year old and they race the crap out if it

thanks for some info polarisman. I was wondering if u have any under the hood pics of like how he ran pipping ang stuff. thanks again for the info :D Also polaris man do u know what was done to the motor?

Here's his build thread, feel free to browse. Let me know if the link doesn't work for you visiting as a guest, I'm just too lazy to read through it all right now lol...

http://www.nemotorsport.com/boards/showthread.php?t=2884