1988 Mitsubishi Montero 4x4

cyberquest

we traded a quest we had a while back for this truck and its been a great faithful daily drive ever since. only thing we have ever done to it is change the oil a few times and drive it, its had zero problems since we bought it.

miles are 224,000 roughly but i would still drive this truck anywhere in the us and not think twice. i drive this truck everyday and have no problem putting faith in it.

it does have some chips and cracks in the front glass, it was like that when we got it but they have never spread or got worse even thru freezing ohio winters. never been pulled over or bothered for it, i know the glass is still avalible and i do have a friend that does windsheilds and glass so its possible i could get a new windshield installed for the new owner if it was the difference between a sale or not. it has one small rust hole by the rear hatch but other then that the body is in pretty decent shape for a 20yr old 4x4.

the reason i am selling it is because it just doesnt have enough room to be the family car i need it to be. i have a 99 ford taraus in my backyard rotting that just needs a fuel pump and would make a much better car for what i need right now. selling this truck will help me fix that car and give me money to catch up some bills.

price: $1800obo

i live in lancaster, Ohio and would be willing to deliver to any surrounding state if needed.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/vcyberbob/montero/barn051.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/vcyberbob/montero/barn050.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/vcyberbob/montero/car012.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/vcyberbob/montero/barn013.jpg

would also include the sub box, speakers and amp if someone was interested. subs are 12" bazookas and the amp is a rockford fosgate punch 200 mono amp, lets just say its enough bass to rattle your brain pretty good.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/vcyberbob/montero/barn015.jpg

not in a huge hurry for the sale since it is my daily driver...lol. i dont have it listed anywhere but here and on i-x so not a lot of people seeing its for sale. obviously it would be awsome if i sold it tommorrow cause i need the money.

if you maybe wanted to work out some type of payment plan till you got all the money together i could possible reserve it for you. if your really interested in it just PM me with what type of payments you could swing and you can pick it up after all payment is recieved

I was wondering why you said it didn't have enough room to be a family car.... and then I saw the subs!

GLWS

Keith

more the fact that my son has to get in and out of the back seat all the time and its kinda a pain for him cause hes a really tall kid. the subs in the back do not help at all when its time to go to the grocery store though....haha. i actually have the subs removed right now thinking of selling them seperate cause i need cash right now

This used to be mine. It ran great, started up everytime, and took me anywhere I needed to go. Was my DD for two years and put 60 miles on it a day. It has high miles but the head had been replaced shortly before I got it. It was a local vehicle since new so it never saw salt meaning the body and frame are in good shape rust wise. It has the factory carb that has never been messed with, probably why it runs well. All in all it was a great truck. Only reason I sold it was because I bought the diesel Raider from Wrngwae. If anyone has anymore questions I'd be happy to answer.

Kane

Monteros are hella fun to drive! Not a day goes by that I dont miss mine. They are reliable as hell and parts are super cheep, I drove mine daily when I was a Verizon Field Engineer, drove the everywhere and it never missed a beat. The things are absolute beasts off road and in the snow for us northerners too. If you need a daily driver and love the old school mitsubishis you totaly cant go wrong with a SWB montero.

I promised myself I would stop buying toys and finish my green car so this is just a shamless bump btw lol

I basically drive a Gen1 as my DD in north Atlanta.....they are the most fun you'll ever have going slow :lol: Price is fantastic on this one too from the pictures and history of the vehicle. I've been offered considerably more than Cyberquest is asking for mine and this one appears to be far superior in paint and interior quality.

I honestly think if you pulled up at a gas station simultaneously with a Ferrari......you'd get more questions about the Gen1. I think I get asked if it's an old Land Rover on a daily basis....LOL.

Edited by jonboyb

1500 cash next week? How far from cinci are u

yes i would take 1500!!! and i am maybe two hours from cincy and would be willing to deliver if needed.

i really really need this car sold like asap, please get ahold of me and we can work out details.

a lot of you know my girl candi, we are having problems right now and i need to really get some things in line in my life and the sale of this truck is step one cause i need that money. this is more important than anything in my life and i really need this truck gone like NOW...lol.

i also have a 32ft camper thats gonna be coming up for sale shortly.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/vcyberbob/montero/barn022.jpg

Edited by cyberquest

oh also whitequestky if you want the subs and amp let me know. i have taken them out since those pics were taken but at 1500 i would be willing to let them go with the truck. if you do want them let me know and i will get them back in there and hooked up. it also has a panasonic cd player in it and new rear speakers.

• 3 weeks later...