Dont give up! Pursue what you want! 1937 Cord

Kreal

Hi all! Just wanted to share a happy story with you all. When I was 16 I was driving out in the country and spied one of the coolest roadster convertible cars I've ever seen, to this day. I stopped and talked to the owner about it, he was in his 90s and was a very knowledgeable and open to talking to me. He told me the car is not for sale and if it was it would be over $50,000. Time went by but I never forgot that old car... 6 years ago I stopped by to see it gone! The house run down and everything looking abandoned. There were 46 antique cars outside there now gone. Turns out the old man wrote my number down and the son called to inform me that his father still has the car !! And they were moved behind the house. I went there and found it. My mystery car. Stuck sinking in the mud. I made an offer and what do you know..its now here at my house! 1937 cord roadster convertible. 4 door cut into a roadster in 1950! In 1960 the old man acquired the car. It was his favorite car and is equally gaining that for me. 33k miles clear title. I'll post a pic later this week when near a pc.

Nice, I love those cars, I WILL have one someday. The first car with pop up headlights.

Too bad dude cut the roof off- That probably knocked the value in half. Those cars can sell for 6 figures easy if complete and properly restored.

Its actually a two door, convertible, lowered, sloped boat tail type rear end with continental, running boards, large swooping fenders, side exhaust and headlights built into the fenders. A WWII soldier in CA had this car custom built for him in the early 1950s out of a 1937 cord four door and a 1939 imperial coupe. Its really unique, has been cut down, shortened into a two door, stretched back end, front end cut down and car is lowered as much as a conquest. Called a California custom. (1950s). That's had a hard life and is now safe and will live again.

Wow, that is a lot better looking and in better condition than i was expecting. Thats so cool Paul, You are the Man!