'88-'89 HVAC Controller self adhesive "Overlay" Kit...NEW

natallica

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you making anything for the cluster switches on the dash hood?

By the way that looks good but i still see traces of the orange

there.

Yes, I'll have those in a GP sometime this week, hopefully. I'm hoping I can do OEM Orange, Blue, and White for those who are taking theirs apart and changing the colors in behind.

As far as the LED's that are in the corners, those are soldered to the board from the factory...I didn't want to mess with those (yet) :)

-N8

I think there should be a blue one if possible that way

all the pieces will become a set. Will you start putting them together as a set?

I can try the blue, but since those outlines aren't backlit, I'm not sure if the blue will show up very well or not...I'll try it.

As far as putting them together as a set, I'll consider it.

I still intend on doing the mirror controls in white as well as orange, so we'll see.

Thanks

-N8

• 2 weeks later...

Been off of the site for a good while. I like these overlays and also am interested in the seat belt controls. Do you or are you thinking about making the overlay for the automatic shift consoles? Thanks!

On my to do list, are the mirror controls, reproduction underhood decals, and I have an auto Quest and I was going to look into that shift window too. Work is swamped for the next 2 weeks, but i'll be on it right after!

Thanks

-N8

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

woot! i can post now!

that being said i just bought an 89 quest and after a long month it was finally shipped friday and received saturday....i'm tearing it down to the bones and restoring it as close as possible as original with some minor aesthetic mods.... like these overlays probably

one thing i want to know before i buy them tho is...how closely do they match 101propose's blue guage overlays in color and tint?

would it be better just to buy all white ones and just use blue LEDs or even use a piece of blue transparent shimstock since some of your overlays don't come in blue?

thanks for the reply in advance :)

woot! i can post now!

that being said i just bought an 89 quest and after a long month it was finally shipped friday and received saturday....i'm tearing it down to the bones and restoring it as close as possible as original with some minor aesthetic mods.... like these overlays probably

one thing i want to know before i buy them tho is...how closely do they match 101propose's blue guage overlays in color and tint?

would it be better just to buy all white ones and just use blue LEDs or even use a piece of blue transparent shimstock since some of your overlays don't come in blue?

thanks for the reply in advance :)

I used Blue LED's in my HVAC controller and they match the Mookeeh overlays rather well...and a few others have donr this mod and had success. My headlight button inserts have colored transparent vinyl in them (orange/blue/white). I can put color in the HVAC controls but, without knowing the 'end users' plan and lighting scheme I decided to leave them clear so they can decide upon installation. Also I wanted to stay as "OEM" as possible in the design while having the ability to change it up a little.

Thx for the interest!

-N8