1987 conquest shp red 1200$ SOLD

GregB

1987 Conquest, turbo 2.6, 5 speed manual, red exterior, black leather interior.SOLD SOLD SOLD

Rebuilt long block (bottom end and head) engine installed by previous owner. Since obtaining the car we've installed a 2.5 inch down pipe, 2.5 inch magnaflow catalytic converter, and a walker oem replacement muffler with a 2.5 inch chrome tip. The notoriously unreliable stock mass air flow sensor has been replaced with a GM 3 inch mass air flow sensor and translator module. Car was tuned with wide band o2 sensor to make it run clean. Passed NJ state inspection. Most of the gaskets have been replaced (throttle body rebuilt, exhaust manifold, intake manifold, oil pan.) New fuel injectors, new fuel filters. Fresh fluids (royal purple in rear end, fresh oil change, fresh coolant.) Analog boost gauge installed in dash board, narrowband o2 meter in pillar along with fuel pressure gauge. Fiberglass hood. Previous owners spent quite a bit of money on a sound system with a speaker box in the trunk, amps, and equalizer in the dash (not my kind of thing so can't tell you much about it but the gauge of the wires and build quality of the parts tells me it cost quite a bit back when it was new.) Car is lowered on tokico shocks. Black leather interior is in good shape for the age. New master and slave clutch cylinders.

Car sat for a long time prior to us getting it and we've done alot of work to getting it to daily driving status. Driven few times per week for a couple hundred miles around town and highway.

Car has a dented driver fender, comes with spare fender in good shape that needs to be painted. Typical rust for a 25 year old car from the northeast. Paint bubbles around the fenders have started. No AC, deleted.

BAD: ENGINE STARTED TO KNOCK

FUEL GAGE IS NOT ACCURATE

SPEEDO IS BOUNCING AT LOW SPEED

DRIVER SEAT BELT IS NOT WORKING ( AUTOMATIC)

NEEDS A NEW BOOT FOR THE REAR AXLE OUTER

I will part this car if it sits for too long, you can send me a list of parts you want. When the time comes i will contact you. Thanks.

https://www.dropbox....nquest?h=457740

Edited by GregB

Unless someone swapped out the interior, I don't think you have an 87 ... looks like an 88 which would fit the SHP description. Car won't last long at that price. Seems like a good deal IMO for a car that just needs a little bit. Very nice. GLWS.

Looks like an '88 to me. It has an 88 airdam, 88 transmission, 88 knock box, 88 steering wheel, 88 seats, and 88 climate control. Only thing that throws me off, is the build plaque not on the firewall like an 88. An 87 would have it on the hood.

Looks like an '88 to me. It has an 88 airdam, 88 transmission, 88 knock box, 88 steering wheel, 88 seats, and 88 climate control. Only thing that throws me off, is the build plaque not on the firewall like an 88. An 87 would have it on the hood.

I noticed that too after I made my post. I guess it's always possible that someone did a lot of swapping.

Hi guys i looked at it today and the door tag is 1987, i was told that the car had a lot of parts from 1988 by the last owner. I wanted to thankyou all for your help, i used this site for help a lot.

I`m sad that the car ended like this, i just have too many responsibletes on me right now and no time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...